I got the July Cheaper Than Dirt catalog recently, so I dug out the December 2012 edition and contrasted the prices for the exact same items. Here are some that I thought were interesting.
- December 2012 price : $419.19 per can
- July 2013 price : $999.79 per can
- December 2012 price : $369.10
- July 2013 price : $999.79
- December 2012 price: $399.97
- July 2013 price : $999.97
- December 2012 price : $17.59
- July 2013 price : $39.58
One thing I will say about this. In times of turmoil, when prices are fluctuating, you can expect the sellers to put very high prices on their products in the print catalogs, because if the item keeps going up they don't want to have a big seller in their catalog that is under priced. Frequently, if you look the item up on their web pages, the current price will be more reasonable than the one in the catalog.