“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Deja Vu

I had a blog some years back,  then had some health issues come up and didn't have the energy to keep it going. I did some blog reading here recently, and was surprised to see how many people are still running the blogs they had back then. Some new ones that are interesting as well. There are a lot more women following the survivalist lifestyle than there used to be.   This time I am going to be a lot more "low key" than I was last time out of the chute. I'm not keeping track of who visits, or how many visits I get, or where the people are from. I don't want the blog to become a full time job, nor do I want it to be the battleground for people to attack one another on. I don't want it to turn into a "let's see who can figure out where Harry lives and post it on the internet". A fellow did that to me. He didn't mean any harm, but in the survivalist community that's a big faux pas.   There were some other awkward things that came up on the old blog, as well. I live a very solitary life up here, my kids are gone now. My wife has a career that takes her away from home a lot. So I am used to living alone.  I'm not used to having people around.  It's not that I don't like people, or that I am unfriendly, but I suppose I am eccentric when it comes to my privacy. I offended an individual last go around because he wanted to bring his trailer and  come stay up on the mountain with me. When I tried to tactfully decline, he got mad and went high and right on me.  But I learned from that experience and hopefully this blog will not incur any of those aggravating facets.

It has been raining and thundering here for five straight days. I saw the sun once for about five minutes in that period. That being so, I've been housebound, and haven't been working outside. That's probably why I have the extra energy to fiddle with the internet.  I've been listening to my scanners, and it's been a very busy few days for the Sheriff's Department and the EMS, so I suppose it is just as well I haven't gone out.  There must be a lot of people from the city up here for the fourth. I hope they brought good quality tents with them, considering the foul weather.


6 comments:

  1. Harry - missed you soooo much and sooo glad that you are back! you and yours have never been far from our thoughts or prayers. lots of love from both of us, buddy!

    your friend always,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kymber, strangely enough I just found this comment from when I started up the new blog. We've been "talking" since then but it's sure been nice to be back in touch with you two. I couldn't seem to keep contact with folks without the blog because I almost never turned on the computer.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, what kymber said (only from a male perspective of course :) I was always wondering how you were getting along.

    I still have your last blog on my reader, so I well remember the fellow who went all public on your location. As for the other crap, well, we are all learning and growing. Low key and easy going is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, same thing, just found this comment. Since you have that old blog you have the only copy on the planet as far as I know. I got a lot of pleasure out of that but at the end it just got too intense with everything else that was going on.

      Delete
  3. Hey! I just found out you were back when someone commented in a blog post I made lamenting your disappearance. Super-awesome that youre blogging again! I wish I had known earlier! You da' man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commander Zero,
      I was really glad to see you were still alive and writing. Just needed to take a little time off. I'm enjoying being back in "the world."

      Delete