“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Full Moon


There was a huge moon last night.   I was up before dawn,  and walked out to where there's a good view. The moon was orange just before the sun came up.  It looked like something out of a science fiction movie. Nights like that I don't even turn on my security lights, because the moon light is enough for the night vision.

Forgot to give Ragnar the Ferret his medication last night, and woke up to the sounds of a terrific ferret fight. He had attacked all the others in their sleep.  Ragnar is peaceful enough when he has his medication, but when he doesn't, it's a darn good thing that they don't make little ferret sized pistols or there would be a tragic mass shooting in the snuggy bags.  I gave him his drugs and he settled down.  Even when he has his meds, he has a tendency to beat up the girl ferrets.  Some people like to dress their ferrets up in cutesy little outfits. I think I will have a "strong man" t shirt and a pair of boxer shorts made up for him. I have a friend who told me the old strong man t shirts, which nobody wears anymore, were once called "wife beaters" because the guys who wore them got drunk and beat up their wives. It was a woman who told me that so don't think I am being flippant. ;-)


Not much else to tell. I am going to let the dust settle from all the car furor.  Tonight I'll go out and hold what the Japanese call a "moon viewing."  Just sit out and enjoy the moon light, and relax.

6 comments:

  1. We enjoyed the big moon last night but no sitting out for us, it's too cold and wet in Scotland for that tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Scotland on the U.S.S. Manitowac (an LST) in 1977. We went to see Stirling Castle, the Royal Navy took us on a bus. It was a great trip. I'm Scotch Irish (or Scots Irish as they say there) by ancestry.

      Delete
  2. Yep, wife beaters they are. Ragnar is so cute, I wouldn't have thought he was aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is way bigger than any of the other ferrets, even the other males. Someone dumped him off in the garden at the apartment complex where my daughter lived, and he almost died of sunburn. I think that made him aggressive. He varies from just moderately mean to really cruel and I have to keep an eye on him.

      Delete
  3. So did receiving his meds soothe the gleam of Man Hate in his eyes as well ? Watch Out - that big toe looks like his next meal! :^)

    Big full moon it was, I'm not sure if I like the bright light or the darkness to see the stars. Chillaxing on the deck of a cool summer night in the woods - sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, Ragnar doesn't often bite people. But he will bite the other ferrets. If he doesn't get his oil and paste (his supplements and medicine come mixed up in those so he will eat theml) he gets really wired.

      I like the moon because it lights up the forest. The best ever is a full moon when the woods and ground are covered with snow. All the local people say we are going to have a severe winter here so I may get multiple opportunities to see that.

      Delete