“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday


We are staying home today. M is home for Labor Day but we aren't planning to go anywhere. Too many tourists, and the roads will be dangerous.


It's quiet here.   Thunderstorms coming in this afternoon, and that's another good reason to stay home. When it rains here during a thunderstorm, it comes down in sheets.  There were some big ones off in the distance last night and the lightning flashes lit the whole sky up.

 
So, today being Sunday and a holiday,  it's a good day to just relax.

9 comments:

  1. Same with me. Rest today, maybe a couple of chores, but otherwise, my feet on a stool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good time to stay at home. I expect you are pretty tired from your excursion yesterday anyway.

      Delete
  2. We had storms last night, much needed rain. Cool here after last week in the upper 90's its 68 here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overcast here on Monday afternoon, outside temperatures are in the eighties. Pretty humid.

      Tomorrow I need to start being productive again.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice day. We went to a lake, actually a big reservoir. Forgot to bring a picknick so we had lunch at a little marina. Took the kid's swimming then tried my luck fishing for a bit. All in all a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hanging out at Marinas. There are three big lakes within driving distance, though only two are in my county. I had a Sunfish for years and used to go out and do some sailing, always enjoyed it. Watch out for alligators.

      Delete
  4. I hate fighting the crowds and traffic on holidays, good day to clean weapons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can be pretty aggressive on the roads, I guess they are anxious to get to their vacation spot and then anxious to get home. I just avoid it all by staying put.

      Delete
  5. We like to stay put as well. It'd bad enough on the roads on a regular day but throw a holiday into the mix, especially one in nice weather, and people get crazy.

    ReplyDelete