“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd.”

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bud K Knives



Bud K is a company in Atlanta, Georgia that sells edged weapons.  They have a large inventory of different kinds of knives, swords, axes, hatchets and the like.  They also sell associated items like throwing darts. The best thing about Buk K is the price range.  You can buy good, functional knives for around $12.00.   The ones I've used are perfectly adequate for what I do.  I know you could buy a sheath knife for several hundred dollars that would be a higher quality, but I don't need one of those.  I have Buck knives if I need something really nice.  These are working knives.  I've bought a good quantity of their basic sheath knife for my store room. I figure I will have them to trade, or if I have people who come here in an emergency I'll have knives for them.  At the cost, it doesn't represent much of an investment up front.  I should mention their catalog is free, but if you don't buy something every few months they stop sending it.

This is one of their knives.  It's a copy of the USMC Kbar.   I'm sure it's not as well constructed as a Camillus blade, but it cost twelve dollars instead of sixty.  It sharpens well and holds an edge.  Basically, Bud K has knives that go as high as you want to spend, but they have good, basic knives for very little.



7 comments:

  1. I never have understood why some of those knives are so high dollar. Your plan should work well and if you don't get some guests you can always use them for barter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm thinking. The knife I nailed myself with when the cat jumped off the shelf in the barn was one of these. It was plenty sharp enough to open feed sacks and you know how that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this may sound dumb, but what is good to use to sharpen a knife?? I have a folding knife I bought in Kissimmee. Its bigger then a pocket knife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't sound dumb. You will get a lot of advice on that. Cody Lundin uses an old fashioned stone, but he's a primitive survival advocate. Personally, I have two things. I have an electric knife sharpener. I just adjust it for the knife, put the blade in, and in a few minutes I have a nice, sharp knife. I also have a thing that looks kind of like a sling shot. It has a handle, then two forks that hold two stones, and you manually just pull the knife blade from front to back. I really bought that as a back up, in case I don't have power. As I say, everybody has their own favorite method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harry. I have used the one on the back of a can opener long ago. I will look for what you described.

      Delete
    2. Rob, you might want to wait and see if anyone suggests anything better. I know some of those more active in camping and hiking will probably be more up to speed on the latest gadgets.

      Delete
  5. I really like your blog.Thanks for sharing with us great blog. I also like all the functions of the knife.
    Out The Front Knives

    ReplyDelete