“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Forted up.

Cold and clear here today but rain moving in again shortly.  I've been to town and picked up the few things we needed.  We've got a fire going and my wife is watching a John Wayne western on the Direct TV hookup.

I plan on listening to some smooth jazz on the Sirius system,  then listening to conservative talk radio for awhile.  After that I'm going to work in the shop a bit, then tonight we'll watch a pay per view.  We watched "We are the Millers" last night. It was very vulgar but it was also funny.

So begins a week of hopefully doing nothing more than has to be done.

10 comments:

  1. Like that myself today, everything done, the stove burning away. Simple, calm. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a certain peace of mind that comes with the knowledge you've got all the bases covered and you can just relax without feeling guilty, isn't there? It's a rare feeling.

      Delete
  2. "Hunker down Harry", that's what we'll call you. Enjoy some down time together, while the opportunity allows.

    I think Sirius is running free for the next week or so, for anyone like me who has it in the vehicle but doesn't have a subscription.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the one portable radio. My daugthers car has a sirius radio but she didn't want to spend the money for a subscription. In truth, $17.00 a month is a bit high, but I look at it as one of my backups. If AM/FM is off the air, and shortwave isn't working, maybe the satellite television and radio will be on line. I realize the odds of that are not good but I enjoy both of them in their own right anyway.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great plan to me, a lovely fire, snuggly sofa, good food and good company - what more do you need when it's cold and miserable outside. Enjoy your week together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right. I hope you two have a great weekend, even though I know it's not a holiday over there.

      Delete
  4. Harry - hunker yerself down buddy and enjoy your week. you and your wife deserve it! i am sending you and yours much love! make sure to read a lot, eat good food and have many naps! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kymber, I very much need to do all those things. Good idea!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good plan Harry! Take it easy and enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania, haven't been on the net for a few days. Sorry it took me so long to reply. The week is going well so far except the weather is ferocious. Other than that, it's been great.

      Delete