“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Monday, November 11, 2013

Sportsmans Guide : .223 ammo


Sportsmans Guide :  Before the great ammo shortage, this was offered for $161.00.   It is much more expensive now but they have some in stock:

I cut and paste their add, from here on it's their own description:


GREAT PRICE, DEPENDABLE QUALITY! American-made, U.S. Govt. overrun .223 Ammo, hot and ready to go on stripper clips.

With 62-grain M855 full metal jacket steel-core bullet with green tip. Brass-cased, fully reloadable. Boxer-primed, non-corrosive. Muzzle Velocity: 3,020 F.P.S. Muzzle Energy: 1,255 ft.-lbs. 420 rounds on 10-round stripper clips in a steel ammo can.


Please Note: While 5.56x45 and the .223 are interchangeable, the 5.56 is a military round that runs at higher pressures than the .223.
USA
!!! Limited Quantities !!!
420 rounds .223 (5.56x45mm) 62-grain
M855 Ammo with Can 


 Priced at $229.99, approx.  ten dollars less for club members.


9 comments:

  1. My husband has a gun. I should learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alissa,
      It would certainly be a useful skill. Especially if you are home with kids by yourself. It's a very rough world out there.

      Delete
  2. I rarely buy bulk ammo these days unless it is a real deal. I prefer to only buy bulk components and load my own now. Before the big ammo shortage I had .223 down to less than .16 cents a round. Not sure what it will bottom out at now though but I still have a few thousand left to press out of that caliber before I need to replenish the stocks. Well I need another 1000 primers wonder if they are in stock again finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen primers at my usual sources in months. I go to a big gun store in Benton, TN pretty often, even though it's a day trip. They haven't had them in months. I have bought a lot of bulk ammo in the last few years just to get it in the store rooms. As things got more and more out of control, it seemed like it might be buy now or cry later.

      Delete
    2. PP- here is one...

      http://fortresstacticaldefense.com/store/#!/~/product/id=23236342

      Not sure about wolf brand since I don't reload.

      Delete
    3. or....

      http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301776634/cci-small-rifle-primers-400

      Delete
    4. I'll check those out. New sources are always welcome.

      Delete
  3. Not long ago I bought some Geco brand Ruag .223 all strippered up (Dynamit Nobel) for forty something cents per rd. delivered. I thought it a fairly good deal. Not the green tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dynamit Nobel is German I think. I've used D.N. .308 and it was great ammo.

      Delete