“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Monday, November 4, 2013

Surviving the wind down of a society is more than a matter of beans, bullets and bandages.


I'm still wondering how I am going to keep getting my medicine without spending thousands of dollars more now that my old insurance plan has been cancelled and the new one we are being forced to pay for is worthless. But I have an idea.   It's been several years since my prescriptions have changed.  I think I will just buy my medicine on line from Canada and stop going to the doctor every three months for all her tests. They never change anything, so  I think I can get away with it.  Of course, I still have to have "insurance" to keep the IRS off my back thanks to the law that caused my insurance to be cancelled in the first place, but I will try to find some cheap Jack policy that some crooked company wrote up just to make the IRS happy.



We aren't waiting for the collapse, we're living in it.  It's just the old frog in the pot thing,  there's no meteors, or stock market collapse.  Rather, it's a matter of everything getting worse, and worse, and worse in terms of quality of life and just getting by.




     But where there's a will, there's a way.   I may have to pay lip service to the scheisskopfs in the federal government by paying for a useless "policy" but I don't have to go along with their program any more than that.

     It would ironic if we all prepared for some big cataclysmic event, and then we just fell off the cliff, one by one, as events overtake us individually and drag us under.

     Whatever they come up with,  I'll find a way to work around it.   Doesn't much matter what the Over Lords want,  there are ways to resist.

    Still, if we all wind up living under the overpass in a refrigerator box and eating delicacies from the dumpster behind FATZ, life might not all that much fun.  I wonder if people will get to the point where they say, "enough, I'm going to go shoot something up."

   Time will tell.  Maybe The New Scientist was right in it's article a few years back about why societies collapse.  So far, they've been right on target with their predictions.

The ice is cracking under our feet.







10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I totally understand. My husband and my works are so small, they dropped health years ago. Our works pay us more because of it. But we certainly got hit big time!

    We have to have something decent. We have kids. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have a disabled daughter who is on our insurance. If we keep the new HRA the state is pushing on us, she can stay on it. But what good will it do us, if we have to spend $10,000 before it pays anything? I think they have insurance where my daughter works and my wife is calling her to see if she can get on it, if we pay her premiums.

    We all knew this was coming, but it doesn't hit home until you get the word on your own insurance. My youngest brother got a huge price increase, and I knew it was bad. Now it's happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is going to be it. Either enough people mass together as this hits home and change some things or if as I fear the Liberal Femocrats have finally reached critical mass of immigrants to vote us to death with mob rule democracy then those places that have not been taken over will begin to secede. Survival dictates one of the two. At this point when my health starts to really deteriorate I figure I am just a goner. Why lose everything and leave my son with nothing so the government can redistribute it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dispassionate, light of day guess would be the latter. If, for instance, you are a Hispanic immigrant in my state, you basically get free medical care, free ER, no strings attached. If you are already receiving Medicaid, you would be unwise to wish for any changes to the system. People act out of self interest. I do, everybody does. As long as the government can keep getting the votes they'll keep on doing what they are doing. I think the Republicans are finished now as a viable force "in opposition" and the Tea Party has been so reviled and is so small that "low information" voters think they are evil and insane.

      It's very difficult to be sick and not go on to the doctor. Or to have someone you care about be sick and decide not to go. What happens to me is that I wind up either going myself, or insuring my family member gets treated, and I incur huge bills in consequence. What will happen now, with my low quality policy cancelled and a no quality policy about to go into force on 9 November, I do not know.

      Delete
  4. The governments ultimate end game, they don't have to steal your money, even though they are, but will bankrupt you before you die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big health related bill can drive people into bankruptcy. If someone gets cancer, or some other long term illness, the hospital and all the associated hangers on will take everything that person has, including their home, vehicle, any savings, and if you are working they will garnish your wages. That's a big business in this country and the medical organizations just contract it out. Unless you have insurance to cover big problems, it's easy to wind up that way. Until now, I've bought insurance even if it was not very good and cost a fortune. Now I wonder. Is six thousand dollars a year too much to pay just to keep the IRS off my back?

      Delete
  5. Harry what about Medicare ?? I have it and I pay $105 a month. My pills cost me $1.00 per prescription. I have Humana for drug coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I am eligible for VA benefits in the medical department. I have never applied for them because I had insurance through my wife. But she and I both were in long enough and at the right time to get our pills from the VA. It will mean a drive to Little Tejuana over the mountains when we have to go there, but I guess that's my best option.

      Delete
  6. can the v a mail them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Obama poster above is funny! I saw another great one on another blog this morning - OBAMACARE - DEATH AND TAXES, NOW IN ONE CONVENIENT PACKAGE!

    ReplyDelete