“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd.”

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Can't keep up with all the survival shows.

There are so many survival shows on now that I can't track them all.   Doomsday Preppers is still out there, but I don't watch it anymore.  There's a new show on National Geographic called How to Survive the End of the World,  and it's more like the old documentaries. I've only seen one episode, but I thought it was interesting.

Naked and Afraid is on, but I haven't watched it because it doesn't really seem relevant. I watched a few episodes of the first season though.  Tonight at 10:00 the first episode of Les Strouds new Survival Man show was supposed to be on, but it has disappeared from the Direct TV listing, and I can't find anything on the premier date on line. I don't know what happened there.

There are several reality shows that they are trying to tie into the survival theme, mostly based in Alaska and from my view, not very useful or interesting. I haven't watched any of them.

So tonight I think I'll just listen to the scanners and read a book.


2 comments:

  1. I just checked out one of the Alaska series from the library. I haven't watched any episodes yet - a group of strangers dropped in the wilderness that have to find their way out. I also checked one out on Edwardian farming that I thought looked interesting. And we're in the middle of one called Overexposed about a guy hiking the Continental Divide trail. It's 3 hours long (a documentary), so it's taking us a while to get through. A little slow in places, but we're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several about Alaska. I have seen the one you mentioned advertised but can't remember the name. There is also one called "life below zero" or something like that. Haven't seen it but someone said it was good. I haven't heard of the other two but they sound good. I like most survival shows because you can always learn something. I had to give up on Doomsday Preppers because it was just getting more and more like a freak show.

    ReplyDelete