“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Full moon and a clear sky.

 addendum: Just got a comment on an old post from a fellow named Dane. He says Survivorman has been rescheduled for January 2014. When I hear any more about details I'll post them.



 Just past midnight here in the mountains.  I spent some time out on the front porch this evening.  No need for security lights, the moon is doing that job.  For once, it's not really cold outside so I was able to stay and enjoy the view for awhile.

Tomorrow I have more work to do on the roof.  Went into the town today,  to mail some books to a friend , go to the doctors office, and  pick up a few things at the grocery.  I should have gone to the hardware store, but by the time I finished all that I was running low on energy. I'll go back in tomorrow, the change of pace will be good for me.

You can tell that Christmas is fast approaching because people are not posting much on their blogs. Lots of people are having big family get togethers at their homes, and I suppose there's still a lot of shopping to be done. I think if my wife is not up to the trip to the kids place, she and I will go to Chattanooga this weekend . She loves to see the decorations at all the stores. It's a nice trip over there, through a river valley that leads to a lake. Not much traffic.

Very quiet out there tonight, not a single sound except the creek running.  If you were looking for a peaceful place, you could hardly do better than here unless you were out in the desert somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip. .. whichever place you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a good holiday season. We may even have snow!

      Delete
  2. Yep there does seem to be a general lack of posting going on unless you wanna wade into the deep end of the estrogen pool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I just look at my blog list, and look for new comments. Lately there have only been two or three a day. I guess everybody is getting all set for the holidays. Can't blame them. And, usually, no news is good news unless somebody has croaked and that's why they aren't posting. There's a couple of guys I'm starting to wonder about.....

      Delete
  3. I have some posts scheduled. I have others thought out to post.

    I've been doing ok this week. I just have one more class, then I'm done. I have 2 students failing, with no room to pass. That's not bad considering I have 3 classes, and around 30 students in a class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was teaching, and of course it wasn't at college level, if I had two that were failing, the assistant principal would come in and tell me to give them extra credit and pass them. Can't hold people back, it might negatively impact their self esteem. I lasted three years in the classroom.

      Everybody just seems to be busy. Lots of people have family coming or they are traveling themselves. Here on the mountain my routine hasn't changed but I notice how blogging has fallen off elsewhere. Just natural.

      Delete