“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Friday, December 13, 2013

The Labors of Hercules.

I am flat on my back pecking this out with a stylus on my Kindle. Today the weather was good and I did not waste the opportunity to get things done. I cleaned all the leaves off the roofs of both porches. On the back porch this is not so bad. On the front porch if I fall off I will have lots of time to think about it before the shattering crash at the bottom. I repaired some loose shakes and put waterproofing on the decks. Then I cleaned out all the gutters and used the leaf blower to clean all around the house. Hauling my two huge ladders around was not fun. I miss having my son to help me. My wife and daughter would bring me out something to drink but of course neither of them was around today. I'm beat tonight. The ferrets are taking up most of the bed but I have one side to myself. Ragnar has been sick for a couple of days and if he isn't better tomorrow it's time to go to the vet. Rain this weekend so with all the essential work done I can rest. We were going to see the hobbit Saturday as a belated anniversary treat to ourselves but my wife has the flu and won't be home this week. I offered to go get her but she didn't feel well enough to make the trip. Maybe next week.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you and Ragnar feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Saturday now. He seems better. I went further up into the mountains to a town that has a pet store and got him some medicine. It's good to be inside tonight, nasty out there.

      Delete
  2. Harry,


    (captaincrunch)


    I know how you feel. I was so tired out last night from work, I could not even comment on your blog. Im drinking coffee and soon after I spend time on this thing, I will eat and go back to sleep for about an hour or so. One interesting story though, I work on a beach on the Texas Gulf Coast. Last night at a nearby pier on the beach, some drunk 60 year old man with a 'rats nest toupee' for hair paid to get on the pier to 'use the restroom'
    The guy walked out of the restroom with his pants still open 'staggering, and well' acting like a drunk of course.
    What got me was his wig. I guess he wanted hair like a 30 year old.

    Myself, I hardly ever drink anymore and of course I don't do drugs or smoke. My only vice is coffee and Peanut M&M's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were going to say he fell off the pier and a shark got him.

      I hear Obama is going to do an Executive Order and make peanut M&M's illegal because they are bad for your health. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Harry,

      (captaincrunch)

      That was good 'Harry. I almost spat my coffee out on the monitor when I started to laugh.

      Delete
    3. Don't do that, monitors are expensive! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I hope Ragner feels better. I want to see the hobbit but will wait for the dvd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ragner is doing better today. He's sleeping a lot but he's eating again. I got him some medicine and some dietary supplements.

      We like to go to the movie, it's kind of an "experience." It's a long drive, way up in the next county, but really it's something my wife likes so I go along and have a good time too.

      Delete
  4. saw this thought you would be interested

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25315210

    ReplyDelete