I have decided to plant some potatoes, corn and maybe some beans. I find it difficult to believe that there is much magic involved in raising some vegetables. If it's hard, then how are all the people around here able to raise these huge gardens like they do?
The rules of my experiment are:
- I can only use seeds I have on hand, except I have to buy some potatoes to cut up.
- No buying fertilizer or pesticides that wouldn't be available in a crunch.
- If the chickens get in there and start eating the seeds, I'll have to put up a chicken wire fence and start over.
- If the deer or hogs eat them, that doesn't count because that doesn't mean I couldn't have grown them otherwise.
- I'll take pictures of the vegetables as they grow and post them. Of if they don't grow, I'll post those.