“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd.”

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday



I am not much in the mood for going anywhere, but have to make a quick trip to pick up a few things before the church crowd makes the store impossible to check out of.  Between 11:30 and 1:30 you're just better off not trying to go anywhere or do anything, especially in summer when the population here comes close to doubling.

Watched the news this morning at 5:00.  The "peace demonstrations" in San Francisco were the main focus of Al Jazera.  If you want to keep abreast of the threats to American life, that's the place to do it. of course, San Francisco has always been a magnet for the brain dead and mentally deficient.

Well, time to start the epic journey. 17 miles to the store, 17 back.

8 comments:

  1. Safe trip. Cool here this am..63 had to brew coffee to warm up. I think these temps a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go. Got out there, saw something that needed some working on, started on that. Was too tired to drive when I finished.

    It's hot outside now, and not even ten thirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love that islam relgion of peace stuff...so hypocritical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a kick out of watching Al Jazera. They aren't very polished about their pro Islam anti U.S. rhetoric but they try to be. As a result, they often make themselves into a parody of the rabid Islamist Madarasa set. What I don't understand is all the Americans in San Francisco waving Palestinian flags. But then I think back to the Viet Nam war and remember how that city was then, and it becomes clear. The same character types. Ignorant, naive, pampered, and with no experience of the world. Doesn't excuse their behavior but it does explain it.

      Delete
    2. Protestors in Charlotte were doing the same thing, I totally did not get it. Here are people that have never lived in the middle east, they have no real clue about the rift or what caused it in the first place- which goes back thousands of years. You ask some one of that decent why they don't like jews, and I bet they can't answer it.

      Delete
    3. That's a big part of the problem with Americans. They haven't seen anything but America, so they think everyone and everything is really like us. They couldn't be more wrong.

      Delete
  4. I try and run errands when it's not getting out of church time as well. The only place I go during the busy time is Costco. I seriously do not have to feed my family lunch if we go there when church gets out. They have so many samples. My boys love samples. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like samples, too. But I think the nearest Costco is in ATL, about three or four hours from here. Our town is maxed out until after Sunday dinner, then everybody leaves and there's nothing but newspapers blowing down the streets.

      Delete