Truth.

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

Ariel Durant

Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Morning

\\


Called my daughter last night.  Good thing I pay for a land line up there, because she says her pet squirrel chewed up her $157.00 smart phone. She says she left it on the bed, and the squirrel came along and chewed it to pieces. 

I am trying to buy her another one on line, but dealing with AT&T is impossible. There may be another cell phone outfit in the world where one of the hiring parameters is a complete inability to speak English ,but I doubt it.  You call AT&T, you get Indians. They try, but you are wasting your breath. 

I haven't been to bed yet, and it's eight in the morning. So I am going to bed now. Maybe I won't wake up til tomorrow. That suits me.  I don't expect to be back on this weekend, see you all Monday.



At least when bears come to my place, they only tear up the old trash bin.

10 comments:

  1. Rest and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife will be home, and we are going to try to go somewhere, maybe up to the big lake in Rabun County. I plan on taking my Kindle, I'm obsessive about the news and the little cabins you can rent on the lake shore don't have many amenities. I could drive to the McDonalds and use their internet though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a long, long time ago. But thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  3. I heard somewhere FWIW that is you request a rep in the US they have to give you one. May be BS but worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask,but I'll have to call Atlanta to get an American to ask. I don't want to be hateful to the Indians, they're working class people trying to do a job. It's not their fault that it's a bad system and deprives Americans of jobs. It's the blood suckers from the Aristo class that run AT&T that are responsible.

      Delete
  4. Harry,

    Was this a domesticated squirrel (is there such a thing) or wild one that she allows into the house and is now too friendly? Seems pretty risky to me despite the damage they cause. Those critters also have a history of the plague, just like the two critters in Yosemite that closed portions of the park recently. Just trying to look out for your kids. --Troy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konkers the Squirrel was found in the wreckage of a nest after the tree the nest was in was chopped down. The people who took down the tree brought her to my daughter, who is renowned for rehabilitating animals in need of help. My daughter took her to the exotic pets vet, who gave Konkers a clean bill of health. Now she lives in a big circular cage with branches she can jump to and from. She gets out for a bit every day to run around, but you have to watch her, as the cell phone incident demonstrates. "Konkers" is apparently the name of a squirrel in a British video game. We've had two cases of plague in Georgia this year, both from people who were out West. Konkers has been cleared by the vet, no parasites or diseases, so she's ok.

      Delete
  5. It's not just them, why do I pay English prices and get an Indian callcentre? If I'm going to speak to India I want to pay a few rupees for my service not as many pounds as they can squeeze from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. I also resent the amount of time wasted on the telephone with no possible chance of accomplishing anything positive. I wonder what AT&T could possibly have in mind?

      Delete