Truth.

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

Ariel Durant

Thursday, November 26, 2015

This looks like the easiest way.

I got some good videos and advice about the accursed neutral safety switch on my F250. Matt sent me this one, it looks best because there's no wire stripping.  So if I can find a 20 amp winged fuse I am going to try it today. If I can't , I will go into town tomorrow and get some. I need several bags of chicken feed anyway.

Diagram of the clutch safety switch on a 1987 F250



video on how he bypassed switch with no wire cutting or splicing

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the right solution. Try it with a bent paper clip in place of the fuse first. That will confirm the switch as the cause of the problem. If it still won't start the problem may be elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you could "borrow" a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box from a non-essential component temporarily, that is if you can't find one laying around...good luck. Careful getting in under there, it looks like it could throw your back out easily.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and the missus Harry.
    --Troy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ran into a problem. Went out there and could not find anything even resembling a switch such as is shown in the video. There's nothing on the left side of my floor board like it. There is switch which is attached to a cable that has one termination on a plunger that pushes down when you push the clutch in. The other end is a plug with two red wires and two green wires up under the right side of the floor board. I went out and took some pictures of the latter to post. I am not sure why everything seems to be out of whack, the 1987 and 1988 F250 were not dissimilar. I need to post the pictures I took here shortly as I am stymied right now.

    I'm just taking things easy and doing laundry, etc today. We are enjoying the tranquility.

    ReplyDelete