“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd.”

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

13 Hours in Benghazi



These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling,
And took their wages, and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman



It may be that Hillary Clinton is right when she says Americans will forget about this. She and her husband have simply waited out previous scandals, until the press could bury them and people just forgot.




Remember what happened?  Clinton was Secretary of State then.  She had a State Department office set up in Benghazi, but did not employ the standard security procedures because she did not feel Libya was "dangerous." Then the White House told everyone it wasn't a terrorist attack, but a "spontaneous demonstration" about a film that depicted Islam in an unfavorable light.  They stuck to that lie until it just wasn't tenable anymore.

When the compound was attacked, she did nothing.  Everybody with their fingers on the button sat around on their butts waiting for her to give the ok to move. She didn't, and they didn't. The compound was overrun, the Ambassador killed, as well as several other Americans.

What most people don't know is that there was a knock drown drag out gun fight at a CIA compound just down the road. 

You have to watch the movie to see for yourself what happened.   This is not an entertaining film, but it's an educational one. Historically accurate, and it sheds light on something that the government of Barrack Hussein has done all it could to obscure.


12 comments:

  1. It goes beyond what has been published. Stevens was nothing less than the democrat version of Ollie North. He was on a mission to supply the rebels fighting against Assad with old weapons from the Libyan revolution. That sort of mission is what his whole career was about. Effectively the State Department was subsidizing and supplying ISIS with weapons. Assad learned about it thought some captured prisoners they squeezed. The Russians confirmed it when they hacked in to Hillary's emails. They put together a team to eliminate the problem and arranged a meet with Stevens under a guise of obtaining more weapons for the rebels. When the crap hit the fan Hilary threw Stevens under the bus and ordered the rescue team on their way from Italy to stand down even after they were already in the air because she knew the gig was up and knew she was facing off with Putin's operatives if US forces came in guns a-blazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked for a book last night that would amplify what was in the movie. Clearly, there was a lot of background that they didn't work into the script. I haven't been able to find one that really suits the parameters. Do you know of something that would be worth reading on the subject?

      Delete
    2. Harry, don't have any books on the subject. The stuff I mentioned above is basically what I have read from several sources on the web. Places like Jihad Watch, PJ Media.com/Instapundit, IOTWreport and so on.

      Delete
    3. I'd sure like to find a good book. I'm interested in more of the details now that I have some basic understanding. Blogs are good but I like books so that when I write something and someone carps about references I can easily provide one. I certainly appreciate the information you gave me, and it's made me want to follow up.

      Delete
  2. I have not seem the movie, but the book is first rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was excellent. I watched it on the satellite pay per view. Left me with a lot of questions, like why were 26 CIA personnel cringing and hiding while the contract security guys were left to man the walls?

      Delete
  3. Hey Harry,

    I recommend 'Benghazi' for everyone. I'm sure Hillary and Obama knew the entire time what was happening and chose to do nothing about it for several reasons. One I'm sure of is that they did not want to offend the Libyans by sending American rescuers in with guns blazing and aircraft roaring overhead.

    The CIA had that drone orbiting around the CIA station the entire time. There was just no excuse. One other pet theory of mine is that the Ambassador was a sacrifice to Isis, muslim brotherhood or some other 'fruitcake' group to appease them since this was the anniversary of 911.
    Maybe there was some kind of major backroom deal going on and the barbarians needed a human sacrifice.

    I wont give away how the movie ended but I was truly disgusted.

    All I gotta say is 'Give that Witch Hell Mr. Trump'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know of any good book on the subject? The movie left a lot of things unanswered in my mind, and I'd like to know more about what happened.

      If it is possible, I think even worse of Hillary Clinton now than I did before I saw the movie.

      Delete
  4. Harry,
    We won't forget what happened that day. My husbands friend, Tyrone Woods died that day. We keep Tyrone's family in our prayers and close to our hearts. We also pray for the Stevens, Smith, and Doherty families.

    There's more I would like to say however, I need to bit my tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I hope that someday the people responsible will be called to account. But it looks like the person who bears the ultimate responsibility will be the next president.

      Delete
  5. Figure most of the CIA people were analysts. Civilians with "intellectual" capabilities, and no military backgrounds at all. I have a customer like that. Smart as hell, but not the guy you would turn to in a firefight. That being said, for christ sakes, pick up a gun and fight anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty sorry that all those guys hid while the rounds were flying. They could still have squeezed a trigger out there. Weren't men enough to do the right thing.

      Delete