"Terrorism has once again shown it is prepared deliberately to stop at nothing in creating human victims. An end must be put to this."

Vladimir Putin


Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Making the list. Maybe you did and don't even know it.



If you get on the wrong side of an ISIS sympathizer, or just some malcontent who doesn't like you, you can wind up on one  of several internet ISIS "kill lists."  ISIS isn't going to send a hit man to your house. (Well, maybe , if you post cartoons of the prophet.)  But they hope some brain dead Moslem living near you will drop by with a machete or a hunting knife.  The strange thing is, the government isn't going to tell you if you make the list. Not if you are just Joe S**t the Ragman.

ISIS came out some time ago urging it's supporters in America to kill the families of military personnel. Most of the people on these lists appear to be individuals who fit that profile. However, some of them are college professors, bloggers, news people, and people who have no idea why they are on the list. Apparently, the lists for just four states now contain 15,000 names.

But not to worry. The government says no one on the lists has been murdered. I'm sure they would put out the word on all the major news networks if people were getting an Islamic haircut, because they know how tough minded the average American is, so there would be no hysteria or panic.



 About two months ago, there was an article about a blogger in New York who had received death threats from individuals identifying themselves as supporters of ISIS.   The blogger quit blogging. He felt like he didn't need to be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. He was afraid.   While it was easy for me to disregard the threats he got, doubtless it would have been harder to ignore had I been the one getting threatened. I think you'd be worried when you went outside, always looking at the tree line. Every noise at night would wake you up. (It does me already but I've been hyper vigilant for over thirty years, so what the hell.) I don't believe I would  have folded my blog because the sand people threatened me, but I think that's a call for each individual based on their own circumstances.  So I am not going to say anything snide about this guy caving. I did, actually, but I rewrote this paragraph at least five  times before I felt comfortable with it.

I've got some serious protection, too.



Given the long established record of people who make the Moslems mad enough getting whacked, the blogger  took it seriously.  I am not going to put any pictures of the Dutch artist laying dead by his little bicycle in the street, or any cartoon about it. It's not really funny.  The point is, lots of these killings have taken place in the West, and they are invariably not by hard core ISIS operatives, but by lunatic whack jobs who "hear the call" on the net.

Killing the families of people who aggravate them is a  long established tactic of militant Islam, going back to the inception of the religion. So, the blogger in the article was more than a little concerned. If ISIS publishes your address and name, (and in some cases, photos of you or your family) it would probably be wise to be concerned.

It would also be nice to know it had been done so you could at least be a little more situationaly aware.  The government is following these on line antics, but it would appear they don't bother to notify the selectee's unless they are "somebody" The run of the mill Jill or Joe doesn't get the word. Nor do the local police.  Makes me wonder how many murders are written off in the country as unsolved, or just "bash and dash by a druggie" type of stuff, when it fact the killing was related to these lists.

I took at look at disguises, in case I ever make the grade, and here's my mask I picked out.


I could wear it whenever I go to Chattanooga, in case I have another interaction with "de bruddas" and it gets out of hand.  What mask would you choose, I wonder?  I think the women have a greater selection to choose from than the men.


Spike said he didn't need a mask.  He says this is his "concerned look".



I tried to find these lists on Google, but couldn't. If anybody does find them, let me know.  I'd like to scan them and see if anyone I know made the grade.

I'm good if they come for me.  Like GoodGulf the Grey in "Bored of the Rings" I too wield a trusty elven weapon!



"  In his hand he carried an ancient and trustworthy 

weapon, called by the elves a Browning semi-automatic."

Mine is named "Aelynthi", the foe perferator!





Thought for the Day:


Strive to be like Travis.

24 comments:

  1. And I thought the FBI was supposed to be independent from all other branches of gov? The protector of the sheeple? Looks like they have been threatened into silence courtesy the Barry and Loretta goon squad. And I suppose the Shillary e-mail investigation will silently fade away too. Bring back G. Gordon Liddy I say!

    Harry, with that Nixon mask you may very well anger a few libs, but I never want to hear any of them complain about watergate. At least Nixon resigned for his lie. Barry from Honolulu gets a pass.

    In any event, a pig face mask would suit me just fine. No jihadi would even come within 100 yards of me. Self preservation is a wonderful thing. --Troy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pig mask! Why didn't I think of that? I looked for a Travis the Chimp mask, but no joy on that. Nixon has always been one of my favorite Presidents so I picked that one. Fox News said tonight that Al Qaeda has put out the word to it's followers to avoid killing members of minorities in attacks in America. So maybe I will get a "Rodchester" mask, I always liked him on the Jack Benny show.

      Gordon Liddy was a hell of a guy. They don't make 'em like that any more. If we had someone like that for President, our problems would be over. Sad,almost nobody remembers him now.

      Delete
  2. I used to listen to his radio show back in the 90's. The "G" man was indeed a helluva guy. Shame we never hear from him now. -T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's dead, isn't he? I thought he was. But maybe he is in some old folks home, laying in the rack at night, with a piece of iron bar in his hand, listening....

      Delete
  3. A pig face is a great idea!

    Instead of moats of gator surround the property with live pigs!!! If we get over run, I will consider baiting some wild hogs to keep close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have to bait the boogers. They come down here all the time. My wife likes the little tiny baby pigs, with their brown fur and white spots. I am a bit afraid of the grown up ones, since they have been known to do a number on careless people who walk up on them while they are resting in the scrub. Maybe I should start putting out feed though, as they would surely gobble up any intruders in the night and I doubt a Jihadi who was gored by a hog would get into Paradise. That's not a bad idea. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Not moats of gators.

      Worked at a mental prison - oops, I mean facility - where originally they built a moat and installed gators, and surrounded it by planting Spanish Bayonets (a really nasty plant that looks like a goth version of Cousin It from the Addams Family) in the mistaken impression that only crazy people would go through a moat full of gators and walls of said plants. D'oh! Oh, and a 20' berm so no-one could see in.

      Within 6 months the berm, moat and plants were gone, double row of 20' tall fencing with razor wire on top replaced it.

      If you want to do a moat and berm, do like the Dutch lowlanders did in the 1600's. Wide moat with a steep berm on the inside, moat having pot holes in it (to catch feet), and install storm poles on the berm (horizontal poles that extend out from the top of the berm in order to slow down or deny access from the slope to the top. Barbed wire, concertina or ribbon wire could be added to give it that extra special feel.

      Delete
    3. I've gone the high tech route, put a lot of money in electronic early warning devices. There is only one way into this place,especially in summer when the foliage is so thick. I also put in some field expedient early warning system on the slopes, just in case. I am always mindful of the British debacle at Singapore. The Japanese couldn't come down the Malay peninsula, so the British guns were all in fixed positions pointing out to sea. Then the Japanese DID come down the peninsula and that was that.
      I do have a book here somewhere that is entirely about hardening your site using methods much like you mentioned. I may at some point take some steps of that nature. Right now I depend on firepower and early warning.

      Delete
  4. Hey Harry,

    I remember G. Gordon Liddy.

    I don't blame that blogger for no longer blogging. That blogger lives in New York and I sure is one of those 'unarmed' liberty people that gives money to the 'Southern Poverty Law Center' and believes in 'Coexistance'

    I read the Constitution and spend my money on ammo and beer. The Second Amendment backs up the First Amendment. The liberals cant figure that one out.

    It would be nice if the FBI actually told americans that we are on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guy, you are on it. I saw your real name but didn't want to worry you! (nah, just kidding).

      I think the guy was lacking in "moral fiber" but who knows. The only time in my life I ever demonstrated lack of moral courage that I know of was when I didn't stay in the vets and stay with Ragnar when he passed on. I turned craven then. I don't think I would about some goat ropers not liking what I had to say on line.

      No way the FBI is going to do that. First, they don't care a damn about ordinary people. Next, they don't want to spend the time on it. They have to put all their effort into protecting people that matter, and that ain't you and me, brother.

      Delete
  5. It's Aunt Jemima for me. Fortunately, there are no Muslims around here and everybody is armed. How about you carry some bacon? That way you could walk and eat and go home when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Jemima is pretty cool. I think a Phylis Diller mask would be good for a woman too. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of marks for guys that were "neato" as my wife still says.

      We are getting a whole lot of black people moving up here now, and I am sure some of them are Moslems as that's wildly popular in Atlanta, but so far no mosque. But then, even the Catholics had a hell of a time getting their church built up here, so a mosque might be outside the pale. This is kerosene jug country.

      I could carry a can of Yoders in a can holster under my vest.

      Delete
  6. The government hides a lot more than many think I'm sure.

    We've been watching a show called The Americans. Have you seen it? It's in the Regan era. The Americans are actually Russian spies. Their neighbor is in the FBI. It's pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the first two seasons. But when they took that blondes body and broke all her bones, and stuffed her in a suitcase, I said "whoa, don't need that imagery" and quit watching . I also through burning that South Africa security agent alive was a little extreme. Every show I watched and hoped they would get caught or gunned down, but they never did. ;-(

      Delete
  7. Another good reason to be well-armed.

    They might get me, but I'll take one of two of them with me.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot worse ways to go. Going out quick and gloriously, slaying the infidels, would be good. Remember to shout "God Wills it!" Wish I had been an adult during the Crusades.....

      Delete
    2. Reminds me of that poster I saw...."Lord, if you're calling me home today, then let me die in a pile of hot brass with my slide locked back"!

      Delete
    3. I wish I had a copy of that poster, sounds like something I need on the wall in my radio room!

      Delete
    4. This is the poster:

      http://www.rangerup.com/brassposter.html

      I thought it said "hot brass", but it's "empty brass".

      I think "hot brass" would be better!

      Delete
    5. Hey , thanks drjim, that's a poster I have to cut and paste!

      Delete
    6. I am not normally a violent person, but when a Ragnarok moment comes, I would rather go down under a pile of bodies than bend my knee in submission. I may not stop the tide, but I can trip the bastards as they try to cross over my fat corpse.

      Delete
    7. We all have to go sometimes. Better to go out swinging than wheezing in some hospital bed while the nurses make fun of you behind your back.

      Delete
  8. Well said sir.

    Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all that's left to us in the end. It's been my philosophy up here on the mountain for more than thirty years.

      Delete