"Terrorism has once again shown it is prepared deliberately to stop at nothing in creating human victims. An end must be put to this."

Vladimir Putin


Wednesday, January 18, 2017

After the cold , the warm spell. Friday , long awaited.

We are having weather in the high sixties here, with lows in the high forties. Down in Atlanta they are having  high temperatures hit the 70's. I can't remember it being this warm in the Blue Ridge before at this time of year.

Just as well though.  I got my electric bill today, and it was $298.00.   $20.00 of that is the new "customer fee" the EMC has added to everyone's bill, though they have a hard time explaining what the money is for.  $19.00 was sales tax, which the county splits with the state.

But primarily it was just high power usage up during the very cold spell, keeping all the outbuildings heated. The kids were here during that cold period, so we were running oil radiator heaters in the house as well, 24 hours a day, to augment the propane heating system. Those are big electric energy consumers.   I usually keep the house at about 68 in winter, but while they were here we had to keep my daughters bedroom at 80+, because of the monitor lizard. The rest of the house we kept about 78, which is what they are used to up at their apartment. It will balance out if this warm weather holds up awhile, and if not, it's the cost of doing business. I need my shop, my barn storage space, and the apartment. Sometimes they cost me money to maintain.

Obama is no more come Friday. I can hardly believe it. After 8 years of that despicable individual, it's hard to believe things may actually change. But Obama is leaving the country in a complete shambles, and his Legions of the Mentally Deficient are doing all they can to make sure it stays that way.










I saw an interesting story on Fox this morning.  Turns out all these self proclaimed celebrities who have been announcing they will not attend the inauguration, were never invited in the first place.  They try to give the impression that they were begged to participate, but it's a bald face lie.





And the Moon Bats are still prating about "The Russians hacked the election."  The news is telling everyone who will listen about "secret evidence" but so far not a shred of evidence has been produced to back all this B.S. up.  And, as Trump pointed out, if the Russians did hack the DNC and Podesta, no one on either side has claimed the emails made public were forged or false.  No one has claimed that the actual process of voting and tallying the votes was tampered with.  And if it was the Russians who exposed the corruption and venality of the DNC, and the idiocy of  Podesta, I stay "Roll on, the Russians." I like knowing that stuff. It confirms me in the opinion I already had of the Hillerites, that they are low life bottom feeders, cheats and liars.








I've been keeping up with the news from Chicago, although it's being overshadowed by all the smoke and mirrors the Dimmies are deploying, trying to keep the turmoil over the election going. Chicago has got to be the prime example of Democratic social engineering in action. It's been run by Dims for ever, and the last few years the High Priest of social engineering, Rahm Emanuel, has been the Mayor there. It's more of a failed state than Libya or Syria, in it's own right. And getting worse. This despite some of the strictest "gun control" laws in America.


Truer words were never spoken. And it's worked out just as well as Obama's little "change America" projects.




Pictures of Aleppo and Chicago, side by side. What more can I say?


I've been watching lots of YouTube videos. posted by groups planning to disrupt the inauguration. The news media, for what's it worth (which isn't much) has been saying as many as half of the two million people expected to show up may be there solely to raise hell, cause trouble, and just generally show out. I don't see how the police or anybody else can keep a lid on that, especially in D.C.  But I intend to watch the proceedings from the mountain  top, over the satellite TV link, with great interest.


A friend of mine sent me a copy of the "operations order" for this bunch in the picture above. Dispassionately, it was well written and logical.  Not all of the snow flakes are drifting in from college campuses or from fortune 500 offices.  These particular individuals strike me of being more the "Spartacists" types who almost took over Germany for Communism in 1919.


So, nothing particularly exciting here on the home front, but it's going to be an exciting week on the national level. Most of us can't do much besides sit back and watch the melodrama unfurl.



THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:




The Left Wingers should remember, there are an awful lot of very angry Veterans out there. 

Cite: 1966, "Dictionary of Military and Naval Quotations" edited by
Robert Debs Heinl, Category: Home Front, Page 149, Column 2, United
States Naval Institute, Annapolis, Maryland. 


Marcus Flavinius: To his cousin, Tertullus, in Rome. 2d century A. D.
(Flavinius was a centurion, 2d Cohort, Augusta Legion.)

“We had been told, on leaving our native soil, that we were going to defend the sacred rights conferred on us by so many of our citizens settled overseas, so many years of our presence, so many benefits brought by us to populations in need of our assistance and civilization.


We could verify that all this was true, and, because true, we did not hesitate to shed our share of blood, to sacrifice our youth and hopes.We regretted nothing, but whereas we over here are inspired by this frame of mind, I am told that in Rome factions and conspiracies are rife, that treachery flourishes, and that many in their uncertainty and confusion lend ready ear to the dire temptations of relinquishment and vilify our actions .

  Make haste to reassure me, I beg you, and tell me that our fellow citizens understand us, support us, and protect us, as we ourselves are protecting the glory of the Empire. 

If it should be otherwise, if we should have to leave our bleached bones on these desert sands in vain, then beware the anger of the Legions.”




16 comments:

  1. We are enjoying a heat wave here in Minnesota with temps in the low 40's this week. Makes a nice change from the freezing rain.

    Never in my lifetime have I seen an election year like this one. Folks I have known for years who have always been good people, salt of the earth types who have been known to use common sense, have lost their collective minds and have turned into vile, hatred spewing monsters. I wasn't thrilled when Obama won his first election and I sure wasn't happy when he won his second. But for the life of me, I can't recall ever screaming obscenities or making threats as a result. Seems to me we are dealing with a bunch of tantrum throwing toddlers.

    Me...going to make a big bowl of popcorn and settle down to watching the circus on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the like of this either. Not even in Gore vs Bush. I almost wonder if the election of Donald Trump is the Black Swan event that will bring the whole shaky edifice crashing down. I don't think his supporters will stand for some slight of hand effort to prevent his Presidency on the part of the Hillarites.

      Delete
  2. Stealing some of these memes for Facebook. The one on veterans is why Obama wanted to disarm them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to use them. The more dissemination they get, the better as far as I am concerned.

      He's made plenty of efforts, most of them cloaked in "concern" to keep weapons out of the hands of those who "cling to their guns or religion...."

      Delete
  3. Harry-it seems as though this week has been just dragging on. Guess I am just too anxious for Friday to arrive. It is though I am holding my breath until Trump actually takes the oath of office and the Obama regime is over. I know that Obama will not go away quietly, but at least, Trump will be in charge. Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, I will tell you a strange thing. I have been feeling the same sense of anxious anticipation. The nearest thing I can relate it to is back when I was flying, and had a pre-dawn briefing. When I heard the engines turning up on the flight line, I always felt anxious for a few minutes without really having a reason. This is the same way. I don't care if those reprobates prance around and cause a disturbance, because other than making the country look weak to foreigners, it won't change anything. But I will be glad when it's over and Obama is finally gone. He's doing all the damage he can right up until the last minute. In all my 64 years I've never seen anything like this, and I don't know exactly how it's going to end.

      Delete
  4. It has been mid-thirties here in westeren MI, and raining for the past 3 days. So we are pretty much flooded, even the ice has mostly melted. This weekend it is supposed to be in the 50's, but, never fear, back to the low 30's in a week. I just get tired of 5 months of mud season.

    The only legacy I can see that Obama can legitimately claim would be "Top Gun Salesman" for the past 8 years. All else is just a lot of clean-up for Trump to do. Hopefully it wont take 8 years to fix all the damage that has been done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz,

      That about sums it up. Obama has run us right down the toilet in his 8 years of misrule. My wife, who is an astute and practical woman, says nobody can get us out of the quagmire we are being left in. I am trying to be more optimistic, and hoping Trump, with his fresh approach and lack of obligation to anyone, can at least make things better.

      I have been watching the weather up your way, because my kids live in a state just to the East of you. I built my house and buildings up here on this mountain in Georgia in 1986, and based my plans on what the locals told me and my own research. Now, in 2017, the weather is not so benign. It gets hotter in summer and much colder for longer periods in winter. So I have to do a lot of jumping through hoops to keep the place habitable these days. I know up there, you folks build for it and know how to deal with the cold. But it still must be hard.

      Delete
  5. Harry Its seems we all are on edge. Is it safe to say maybe this is how the Allies felt before D-Day ?? We all know things are going to change, but not sure what's ahead..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an unsettled moment overall. I'll be glad when the inauguration is over, because it will no longer provide the crazies of all stripes with something to focus on. Maybe the anarchists will go back to studying Bakunin, John Lewis will go back to the old folks home, the Hollywood set will go back to their cocaine, John McCain will head back to the Alzheimer's clinic, and things will settle down.

      Delete
  6. Another great post, Harry!

    I told my wife to make sure she has a full tank of gas before Friday "just in case".

    And I doubt if we'll see any trouble here at the house, but I loaded all my magazines and the shotgun "just in case".

    And I'm ready to go fight my way to get to her, and fight my way back "just in case".

    We're expecting several inches of rain from Thursday through Sunday, so that would definitely put somewhat of a damper on any "festivities" the barking moon bats might try and pull out here.

    Stay warm and keep your powder dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I filled up my last trip into town. I try never to let the tank get below half. I hope the inauguration goes off smoothly and that it's all much ado about nothing, but you can never be sure. Sometimes I feel like we are living in a Tom Clancy novel these days.

      I am keeping one AK-47 in the house and one in the apartment. They're too heavy to jug lug one back and forth. Not much chance of anything going amiss in our part of the world here, but you never know. Some guy just got yaffled up by a bear not far from here in North Carolina. I wonder why the bear was out, I thought they all hibernated through the winter.

      Delete
  7. 'Hey Harry'

    (captaincrunch)

    I don't think much will happen on Friday during Trump's swearing in.

    If something big does happen. We wont see it coming, kinda like 9/11 or the attack on Pearl Harbor. The anarchist's are blowing smoke. A few radicals will show up but most people now are used to the idea of Trump being in office like Obuma in office for eight years. We did not like it but we persevered through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right. I think the crazies like the anarchists have been emboldened by all the support from the left for their piddly little protests after Trump was elected. I have to say, whoever wrote that Op Order knew what he was doing, but then anarchists have been around a long time....

      I'll be glad when tomorrow is successfully concluded and Trump can go about his business of getting us back on track.

      Delete
  8. hmmm, a million bikers for trump, a million special snowflakes. what could go wrong?.....not many people remember or even know about the veterans march during the "govt. shutdown" a few years back. estimated seven thousand showed up to insure ww2 vets got in to see their memorial before they died. tore down the barricades, deposited them on the white house lawn and dared the police to make a move. obammy bugged out on marine1. thats why they fear us, and they should. sic semper tyrannis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that event. Not many people do, I would imagine, because the press didn't like it and it was not favorably portrayed. They tried to make people think Obama hauled ass because he had a "prior commitment" but everyone knew that was BS.

      I think you are right about the potential for Veterans to "go off" if they get incensed enough. With Obama downsizing the Army and Navy, a lot of people were badly treated. And all this about making them pay back their enlistment bonuses after they served, even if it was eventually resolved, caused huge hardship to many Veterans. Then there the fact that they tend to be inured to violence, goal oriented, and inclined to act more than a civilian would be.

      John Wilkes Booth comes to mind with that Latin quote.

      Delete