“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Catching Up.

This is just a brief post.  My family got here late Tuesday night.  They were supposed to leave early and be here by six p.m. but as usual, it was a complete goat rope trying to get away from up there, and they left hours late.  They'd only known they were coming for several months, which explains the lack of prior planning and inability to keep to a schedule.

We have been very, very busy since they arrived.  It's a good visit, and everyone is enjoying it. The visit is also exhausting, and my routine is no longer in existence.  We tend to wind up doing everything by spur of the moment, impromptu decision. Yesterday, we drove up into North Carolina specifically to visit the big flea market. But when we got up there, my daughter decided she wanted to go to the pet shop, then my wife decided she had to go to the two clothing stores she likes in that town, and by the time we got finished with all that, the flea market had just closed.

Rufus the 15 year old Pomeranian that needs a home is here. He is a sweet old guy, but his age shows. My two outside dogs don't like him. Tuggy deliberated pushed him off the porch last night. It was a miracle he wasn't killed. Seems to be ok today, but that's the last time he gets outside without a lease on, at least until I can get him out to the meadow to have a bathroom break.

I got so embroiled in all this, that I paid off my credit card twice by accident. That must have made the bank happy, but it aggravates me no end. Everything gets so disordered and out of whack , but I guess that's the price you pay for having family , and it's worth it.

A Mystery Explained.

  I have wondered about this since going to Bodo and Trondheim on board the U.S.S. Manitowoc, in 1978.



Cartoons:






A link to an interesting article on what the near future may hold.  Europeans, like Americans, are getting sick of the Islamic invasion. In America, we also have the Snow Flakes, Moon Bats, Progressives, Shrillerites, et al driving us to distraction. This individual's "story board" seems valid to me.

The Elites Have No Idea What Is Coming.

link to article

Sent by a friend: British Humor




British Humor: (Must be underground humor, or they’d get arrested.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It has been announced that the police are going to be allowed to use water cannons on rioters. They are putting some Tide washing powder in to stop the coloreds from running.
              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Two Muslims have crashed a speedboat into the Thames barrier in London. Police think it might be the start of Ram-a-dam.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Riots in Birmingham last month caused over 1 million worth of improvements.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Muslims have gone on the rampage in Manchester, killing anyone who's English. Police fear the death toll could be as high as 8 or 9
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Years ago it was suggested that, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." But, since all the doctors are now Muslim, I've found that a bacon sandwich works great !
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Police in London have found a bomb outside a mosque. They've told the public not to panic as they've managed to push it inside.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
During last night's high winds, an African family were killed by a falling tree. A spokesman for the Birmingham City council said "We didn't even know they were living up there." 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jamaican minorities in the UK have complained that there are not enough television shows with minorities in mind, so Crime Watch is being shown 5 times a week now. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I was reading in the paper today about this dwarf that got pick pocketed. How could anyone stoop so low?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thought for the day:



Friends from my reserve unit, Albuquerque, New Mexico December 1971.
Anthony Catanach (went tanks) and George Cornelius (went infantry). Both still living. Good guys, those fellows from that reserve unit.



23 comments:

  1. I dunno about that date...isn't that a Ford Mustang II on the right? Didn't they come out in about 1974? :) This from a guy in his late forties, asking with respect, sir-love your blog! KB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The date on the original photo is Dec 71. I don't know jack about cars, although I know the vw bug in the picture is a 1958 version because it belonged to me. I suppose it's possible I could have mislabeled it when I was going through the old photos, that was a long time ago though.

      Delete
  2. Glad the family got there safe, if a little late, I can sympathise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsty, good to hear from you. Yes, all goes well here and we are having a very good time. I have done more in the last week than in the last few months, in terms of going places and doing things.

      Delete
  3. Heh...
    They'd only known they were coming for several months, which explains the lack of prior planning and inability to keep to a schedule.

    - Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, no one in my family but me can do anything even vaguely like prior planning. Everybody else lives in the "here and now" especially my son and my wife.

      Delete
  4. Hey Harry,

    (captaincrunch)


    The 'Viking Women are hot' meme is a really good one. The joke about the water canon and 'Tide' was really funny too.

    I hope that old Pomeranian dog is okay. I got a real soft spot for old dogs, especially old lap dogs. I'd say that you or your daughter is stuck taking care of that old dog and just giving a good retirement home for the remaining time the Pomerainian has left.
    Old Ferrets and old dogs deserve good retirement homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought those were funny. A fellow sends me lots of cartoons and articles like that.

      yeah, Rufus is a good old guy but he is said to be 15 years old, which is pretty old in dog years. I carry him outside to take a bathroom break, because he doesn't like the big dogs outside. When he wants to go in, he comes over and I carry him back inside. The house cats like him. He is an orange color, like they are, and I think they believe he is just another big cat. We have to feed him in my sons old bedroom, because if we put his food on the floor the cats will bully him and eat it all up if they can get to it.

      We old persons all have needs. I moved the ferrets out to the apartment, they were getting stressed out by the German Shepard my kids brought down.

      Delete
  5. Family visits do tend to through our one's routine, but hey, it's worth it ;) Just had our grandson visit us for a week - chaos, but brilliant :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dani. Everything is all blown to hell as far as me doing the things I usually do. For someone who is so much a creature of routine, it's a little disconcerting. But I am enjoying their visit very much. Your grandson was probably easier to manage than my two kids, who are both adults. ;-)

      Delete
  6. There will be a lot of surprises to come! Glad you are visiting. I think your children must be related to mine. We joke about my daughter saying that she operates on Becky Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's of people their age live in the moment. Long term planning doesn't seem to have a lot of value. My daughter tries to plan for the future, but their lives are so hectic that it's almost impossible. Your daughter sounds like she would fit right into my household.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear that your family finally arrived. I liked the article that you linked to, but I really liked the website,
    Return to Kings. I read several articles from the website
    and discovered that I'm aready doing alot of things they are
    talking about. Thanks for great information! I agree with a of what they write about too.

    Don from West Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, a friend of mine sent me that link. I get a lot of my links and cartoons from him. I haven't had time to really look over the site, but I intend to as soon as things settle down here.

      I'm glad you found the link useful. Nothing is more motivating about writing a blog than that.

      Delete
  8. Glad you are enjoying your time with your kids. I hate to have my routine messed up, but that comes with the territory when family visits. I try to relax and enjoy the time, just as I am sure you are doing. So sweet of you and your wife to take in the old dog. I think old dogs make the best pets. By the way, love the British humor. Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, Rufus is a good dog. He's in fine fettle considering his age. I have to carry him out of the house and out to the meadow for his "breaks" because my outside dogs don't like him, and they will "accidentally" bump into him and roll him over like a bowling pin if they get the chance.He's pretty small and they are hefty. He isn't any trouble. My kids have been feeding him boiled chicken with rice because he doesn't have many teeth, but we tried him on soft canned cat food, and he liked it. Didn't upset his digestion any, so we will see how that works out.

      This is a busy time of year for me, with lots to do outside, but I can stand to take a couple of weeks off. Somehow, we have to make it up to Asheville, North Carolina so they can take a look around. Their lease expires up in the North in November, and they need to get out of there. They have been living there several years now. When they moved in the apartment complex was in a very nice part of town. But with the vast influx of illegals, and the new laws requiring apartment complex owners to rent to a percentage of "low income, subsidized housing minorities, it's turned into something out of "Escape from L.A." Kurt Russell would feel right at home there.

      I thought those were great jokes. I like the British.

      Delete
  9. That's good that you took Rufus in. It seems like you take in a lot of pets. That's so great.

    I hope your family has fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife says, "too many animals." But I say, this place is a lifeboat for those that have had a bad time and need a home. Everybody contributes in their way to the common weal. ;-)

      Everybody seems to be enjoying themselves. I know I'm having the best time I've had in quite awhile.

      Delete
  10. Glad your family made it in okay! Hope you're having lots of fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, it took awhile but they finally arrived. We are enjoying being together again.

      Delete
  11. Hi Harry :) Congrats for taking in Rufus. I had 2 pugs, one lived to 16, the other to 19. Their age definitely showed, but they had a sweet temperament and spirit. I'm glad he was okay, my 19-year old feel off a porch once and it scared me to bits and he was okay too.

    Although it's not quite to your scale, we had one house guest stay over last weekend, and I was missing my routines those two days! You're right that everything gets out of whack...I was happy to see the friend, but secretly happy to see him go too lol...I'm too much of a hermit, so is Alex, to have people over for too long. That's a great photo! Hope you enjoy your week! We finally have some more sunny weather here and I'm happily melting on my porch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rain,

      We are all settling in. The hardest to accommodate is my daughter's one year old German Shepard. She hasn't taught her to mind, and Willa is a big pain in the rear. But we are managing even her.

      I am changing my routine to accommodate my kids. They stay up really late, and sleep really late. I am living out in the apartment for now, and when I get tired I go to bed. They can stay up and watch TV or whatever till the cock crows,and it doesn't phase me one iota!

      I'm glad the weather is good up there. Here, it's brutally hot and humid. Heat index is 110 today, and already,early in the morning, it's enervating in the extreme to go outside.

      Delete
  12. haven't been to asheville for nearly 40 years. loved it.
    it was a beautiful town. don't know if it has become diverse since then. hope not. take your pistol, could be rattlesnakes!
    go to the tour of the castle belonged to the biltmore [van der bilt] family. go to their dairy farm, too , and have some ice cream.
    my favorite part was the basement with the game roasting room and even the servants had flush toilets, a thing even the rich new yorkers did not have at the time.

    there is a laundry room with huge toasters for drying sheets. fabulous. electricity up in the hills before rich people had in 'civilization'.

    ReplyDelete