“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Going to the Lake

Having extricated my truck from the quagmire, I don't have a lot on the "to do" list today.  I thought about going into town for lunch.  I have a shotgun I have been working on that I need to test out, and I could do that. But I'm not really in the mood for either of those things at the moment. I watched the news this morning, like an addict who swears he just needs one more and then he'll quit.  Seeing all the nonsense going on aggravated me, so I need something tranquil to do.  I could take the dogs and go down to the waterfall, but it's hot and humid. The forest is still soaked and you could cut the air with a knife.

So if I don't want to do any of those things, I could go to the big lake.  We have three lakes here, one small one near my place.  A larger one on the NW end of the county, and a big one due North.  The mid sized one has a place where you can leave your vehicle, then hike down to the water. The dogs like to go, and I'm not apt to meet anyone on the trail during a work day.  That's probably what I'll do. Ever so often I feel like I need to get off the mountain for awhile and have a change of scenery.  Sometimes I go to the biggest lake and rent a sailboat for the day, but that's too much work and not much fun without the wife to go along anyway.



4 comments:

  1. Hope your excursion today is fun and relaxing. Don't get too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matt. When its hot we do our chores early, then hide in the air the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hiding inside this afternoon. It finally got too hot for me. Actually it isn't the heat really I just ran out of dry shirts.

    Hope you had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys were right. I got down to the lake but barely, the heat under the pine trees was ghastly. The dogs were roasting in their fur coats. We all had a swim and felt better, but I'm not doing that again until some of this humidity disappears. I have decided to shave off my beard and cut my hair short until winter comes.

    ReplyDelete