“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Reading blogs

I've been reading blogs.  Some from farms, some survivalist blogs, and some from Australia. I had forgotten how enjoyable it can be to see how people from different locations and environments live. Times being what they are, some of the people writing were struggling with life, but they all seemed to have a good attitude and be doing their best. No one was throwing up their hands and sinking below the waves.

I liked looking at the pictures they posted of their areas, so I thought I would put a few on here myself. The purpose of this blog is really just for me to store things that interest me, but it can't hurt to post a few pictures.

This is the trail that leads down the mountain from my house, to an old gravel forest service road. I follow that for a few miles, and it brings me to a one lane county road.  After a bit that takes me to a paved road. It can be tricky getting in and out during the winter, four wheel drive or no.


This is one of the lakes near my house.  There are three, two quite large and this smaller one.  I like to go to the lake early in the morning with a thermos of coffee, and watch the sun come up. It's peaceful.

This is my wife and me.  We have our 31st anniversary coming up Dec 3 next winter.  I met her at AFSOUTH headquarters in Naples, Italy.  She was a Navy Lieutenant, assigned to a NATO Air Staff, and I was a Marine Corps Captain, assigned to the NATO side of Sixth Fleet Staff.  When I got to Naples, there were 22 unmarried American female officers and one unmarried  American male officer  , me. I met her in July and we were married four months later.

So there's a little something about me.



4 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to say hi!

    It is nice to meet you. It looks like you live in a very pretty place of the world. Thank you so much for sharing you photos. I love looking at where other people live too. It is wonderful how so many different lifestyles are brought together through blogging.

    Thank you for letting me know you visited my little part of the world. As yet we haven't caught the fox, hopefully he has moved on. Hubby was going to take the fox for a drive out bush and let him go, even though they are vermon and we could get in trouble...They are only trying to survive just like we are :)

    Take care,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania,
    I liked the beautiful pictures you posted. Reminded me of when I lived in New Mexico, the same superb sunsets and sunrises. I'm glad you aren't going to kill the fox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry - i LOOOOOVE all of the pics that you are sharing! your mountain is beautiful! as are you and your wife!

    i am just so happy that you let me know that you are back...i missed you sooo much!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to be a little more active, although I think my days of running 3 miles in under 18 minutes are behind me. (and have been, for some years!)

    ReplyDelete