“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Once upon an evening dreary, as I pondered, weak and weary.......

 I'm not a poet so I stole some lines from Edgar Allen Poe. I doubt he'll mind.

Seems like a lot of the people I keep up with on the web are having troubles. Everybody who is alive has troubles. I forget what Roman or Greek said it, but the quote was "only the dead have seen the end of woe."  I know there's another one about war that sounds the same but I think that one was Euripides.

Sometimes you can help your friends one way or another, but most of the time you just have to try to be supportive and hope things work out for them. That's not very satisfying but that is how it is.

Right now, everything seems to be on an even keel for my extended family.  No one is sick, no one has lost their job, everybody seems pretty content.  That doesn't mean the ever present petty irritations are not buzzing about your head like gnats,  but  those you just get used to.

I called a fellow I know yesterday about a part time job.  It's at a medical facility in a town 32 miles away. Very small place, out in the middle of the woods on what was once a big highway but now has been made obsolete by newer roads. Doesn't get much traffic. I'm going down there in about an hour to talk to him. What I really want to do is just work maybe one or two days a week, no more.  I feel like I need something to keep me busy, or break up the routine.   We'll see how it goes.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck. If they give you any trouble, have call me. I'll put a knot in their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. One or two days a week would be ideal for my situation too so it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it works out. Knowing your luck, while the rest of the country goes part time, they'll want you FULL time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good luck, my friend! i sure do hope this is just the thing that you are looking for! can't wait to hear more about it!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas. I didn't make it past the blood pressure test. I was 196 over 92, which isn't really good. I have to get it down some and then I can go back.

    It seems like part time work is easy to find if you have a friend who can help you get a foot in the door. They have "let go" the two full time guards they had and now they are trying to use part time people who only work one or two days a week. Looks like you are right, Matt, part time is the future. My son tells me that the big box store he works at is not "promoting" anyone else from part time to full time. The only full time people hence forth will be management and people like my son, who had full time jobs when they made the change.

    Thanks for the good thoughts, everybody. I'll get the blood pressure down and see what I can do then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know the feeling. It's great when you don't have to worry about anybody in particular.

    I have a fairly large (mostly uncles/aunts, cousins, etc) family and it seems far more often than not somebody is in a mess of one type or another. Occasionally we have brief moments where people are all doing fairly well. Thankfully this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every day I get up and wonder what I'll be dealing with, fixing, handling, resolving, before dark....

    ReplyDelete