“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Friday, August 2, 2013

Some people don't do well when you give them a uniform, a gun and a little authority.

In general,  I don't have much to do with the police.  I know a few of our local deputies, but as far as the Ninja I have little contact with them.

Most of what I know, I get from my brother. At one point in his career he was one of these guys that smash down people's doors in the middle of the night without a warrant.  He's a great guy, but listening to him talk about what they did, and how they did it, made me uneasy even back then.

Take a moment and watch the video from Fox News in the posts below. Something is really out of kilter when this kind of thing goes on.  Whether you like Fox News or not, the incidents they discuss happened.  Makes me wonder.

I keep a semi-automatic rifle by the bed.  I never know what kind of uproar is going to happen here in the middle of the night.
If  people came on my property and started shooting my dogs, I am pretty sure I would start shooting back. It's not human nature to be attacked and not defend yourself.


Huckabee has a good point in this program.  Why does every government agency have to have it's own little SWAT team, with the black ninja suits, masks, and armored vehicles?  The Post Office? They can't even deliver mail to the right mailbox and they're giving them M-16 rifles?  The IRS?  Everybody knows about that crew. It boggles the mind to think of them prancing around in their little ninja suits, armed to the teeth.

I am beginning to wonder if my friend who decided to quit blogging wasn't on the right track. If keeping a baby deer in your shelter merits an attack by DNR sturmtruppen,  then what might saying unpleasant things about some of the real nasty alphabet agencies get you?

6 comments:

  1. If you speak the truth you are anti goverment!But it does not make you anti american !!!Funny how they dont understand the differance a moron could figure that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary, I tend to agree. In a town in Georgia, there were three old guys, in their late sixties and early seventies. They liked to meet at McDonalds and they sometimes talked politics. One of them made an unwise comment about Obama, and a girl working at the McDonalds who was an Obama worshiper heard them. She called the FBI. The FBI kicked in the doors at all three houses and arrested these old guys in the middle of the night. They did several months being held in federal custody before being released for lack of any charges that would stick. It was headline news all over the South for a couple of weeks when they were arrested, but just a little paragraph on page six when they were released. I can only think this was intended to intimidate anyone who opposed The One. There was a time when they couldn't arrest you for your thoughts, but that time is past.

      Delete
  2. Harry - back in the heydays - late 80's, early 90's - i used to tell all of my friends that if they were ever pulled over or their house was invaded, to allow the "good" police to do their jobs. or at least, that's what i thought then. nowadays it's absolutely nuts. the post office has a SWAT team??? this is beyond crazy. these people are not properly trained! i have said it before, i will say it again - most of them want to be a ranger or some other special service in the military - and yet they apply and are not accepted??? that's when they join these crazy civilian ninja units. it's bad...it's bad all around. it scares the living beejeezuz out of me. and i used to trust the police. not anymore.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kymber,

      Back then I think you could largely trust the police because they were not yet politicized. This business of turning law enforcement into storm troopers started with government agencies but it has spread to urban police departments and even some rural areas now. I don't know how it will end up but if they can come and take you away in the middle of the night for a remark made at McDonalds, I guess they could do it for something they didn't like on a blog.

      Delete
  3. Of course, allll these "ninjer" super cop rambo wannabes are gonna support the constitution when obummer says go get all the guns! And if we don't like the way all this is going we can just vote the rascals out. Why, if we just get control of the house of representatives, then they will cut off all the money for this sorta nonsense and we can all have a coke and a smile!
    Ha ha, ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a good discussion of that very question on Libertarian Rantfest some time back. Once I would have said that a lot of the police would not participate in a gun grab. I still think local police, at least in the countryside, wouldn't. But I no longer doubt that the "Special Weapons and Tactics" teams, from whatever source, would do what Holder told them to do. It's like the bad old days of Janet Reno and Clinton. I think conservatives can hold the fort in the House, but the Senate is a whole different matter. It's a real rat's nest, both metaphorically and in reality.

      Delete