“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Monday, October 28, 2013

A word of clarification.

When I got back here Sunday,  I had several emails excoriating me for disparaging militias. It took me a bit to figure out just what the writers were "on about."

In my post about Beirut I was not complimentary to the Moslem militias in Lebanon. I did not mean to be. Those guys were criminals, the private armies of various War Lords or religious sects.


I don't have anything good to say about Islamic militias, then or now.  Anyone who does would probably be better off reading a blog other than mine.



American militias are an adjunct of the Patriot Movement.  I share their concerns and I am in sympathy with their distrust of the U.S. government.  They are largely people who have banded together to prepare for the eventual crisis that most conservative people believe is coming, be it sooner or later.   The fact that I disparaged Islamic militia does not imply I feel the same way about U.S. militia.  Actually, I'm rather surprised that I have to explain that, but anything that can be misunderstood, will be I suppose.

8 comments:

  1. I know how to fix misunderstandings. Do what I do just forget to even check your email for like 3 months. Problem solved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to get more emails than comments. There are more people who prefer to remain anonymous than there are people who read my blog and leave comments under a nom de plume. It was the same way with the old blog. I am not sure why except there's been so much bad news about the government tracking everything on line that the anonymous folks may actually be smarter than me. I'm pretty much to the point where I honestly don't give a damn anymore. It's way too late for me to start trying to stay off the skyline. If people's emails are decent I enjoy them and respond. If they are just being jackasses I delete the email.

      Delete
  2. People sure can be quick to jump to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially if they didn't bother to read the whole post. I guess it goes with the territory.

      Delete
  3. It is quite amazing how asinine and stupid people can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and every day my wonder grows on that subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry - whoever those people are...they certainly don't know who YOU are! you just keep writing your great posts, your experiences and what you are doing and forget those emails. much love to you and yours, always!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kymber. It's kind of like when I worked at the state park. Most people who came in were nice but some weren't. The ones that weren't , I didn't have a lot of patience with. The Park Ranger used to get a lot of complaints about me in that regard. I try to be pleasant but if someone is ugly to me , then that's the way I respond. I know it's a character flaw.

      Delete