“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd.”

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Discovery Channel Survivalist/Prepper Show

Thursday, the 17th of October at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, Discovery Channel rolls out it's newest prepper show.  Below is the link to a write up on it.

I have no idea if it will be good, or terrible.  Their shows have a mixed reputation, because while you can learn something from them once in awhile, the people they highlight are often chosen not for their planning or abilities, but for their amusement factor.  You have to wonder if a serious survivalist would ever disclose their location and planning anyway.

But for what it's worth:

Doomsday Apocalypse




4 comments:

  1. Have you ever gotten emails about this sort of thing? My experience has been that just about every 'survival blogger' at some point gets emails that are "Hi, we're with so-n-so productions and are look ing for people like yourself...."

    I get about five or six of these thigns a year. I usually make fun of them and post the contact info on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I just delete them. Nobody ever comes up here but the family and the gas truck driver, and I'm sort of used to that. Also, I don't trust anyone associated with television at all. Finally, I think it would be really stupid to broadcast your situation to the world like these shows do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww come on now. Where's your sense of fun?

      I still think we could do a whole TV hour on you.

      " A mountain man and his ferrets..... making a last stand against the world"

      Delete
  3. Well, maybe. But then all sorts of strange people would be wanting to get me to endorse their products, and I'd get rich, and forget all my old friends, and turn into a jerk. The ferrets would become insufferably vain. Guess I'll just keep hiding out up here on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete