“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Monday, January 20, 2014

Lehman's non electric

 I was "talking" with a friend via the internet.  She was posting on some things she liked, and mentioned that she is on the lookout for different kinds of soaps.

I suggested taking a look at the Lehman's site. They primarily sell things made by and for the Amish. However, if you walked into a 1920's hardware store, you might think you were at Lehmans.

Here's their link: Lehman's non electric


I don't have any business connection with Lehman's other than the fact that I've bought a lot of things from them over the years.


  • Wash tub for doing laundry by hand.
  • Scrub board for hand laundry.
  • Wringer for hand laundry.
  • Kerosene lamps and parts
  • Lamp fuel
  • Well bucket (torpedo with 2 gal capacity and valve)
  • Hand tools
  • Different kinds of soap
I'm sure I've gotten other things from them but those are the items I remember.  They have a good catalog. Unless things have changed recently, it's free. You just go to their link, and there's a button for requesting a catalog.

10 comments:

  1. Their razor blade saver works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell, they have all kinds of gadgets that are handy, don't they? I don't know if these are things people used to use that have just gone out of style, or if they are new inventions. Either way, anything that makes life easier is a plus in my book.

      Delete
  2. Lisa, I'm sure you will enjoy it. They still take the time to make a beautiful catalog, on nice paper with good quality photos. That has largely gone the way of the dinosaurs today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool - thanks for the link :)

    Now, what do you think I should do to get Lehman's to open a branch over here in South Africa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I don't know, but I bet it would be good territory for them. Lots of people living way out in the country should mean good sales!

      Delete
  4. Harry - we haven't purchased much from Lehman's but we have looked at all of the products they sell in order to come up with ways of improvising with stuff we have available or stuff we get in other people's garbage....pretty sneaky eh?

    Dani - send me about 20 of those passion fruit plants and i'll get Lehman's to open a store in SA - bahahahahah!

    another great article Harry that will point newbies in the right direction and give a reminder to the rest!

    your friend, kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the good uses of a catalog is to get ideas which you can implement with what you have on hand. Especially if you are handy with tools, as J is. Making Do is a primary survival skill.

      I hope you two are doing alright up there, Kymber. It is snowing really hard here, and the temperature is going way down tonight. I am not sure when I will be able to get out on the hard surface road again, I didn't leave any vehicles down on the hard surface road this time.

      Delete
  5. Good list! Does anyone know the easiest way to pump gasoline from submerged gasoline tanks using non electric power ? That would be handy knowledge to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Marine Corps, we had hand pumps that could be used to get fuel out of a fuel tank. They looked like a shoe box with a wheel on it. You just put the hose down in the tank, cranked the wheel, and the fuel came out of a nozzle which you inserted into a jerry can or vehicle. I'm sure some of these big tool catalogs would have them. I want to say "Northern" is a company that puts out a catalog like that for free upon request.

      Delete