“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”

― Frank Herbert

Thursday, September 4, 2014

True News Shortwave Radio Programs




True News has some good news programs.  One of the things I like is that rather than having some talking head give his views on events in a place he may never have been, or even heard of, True News interviews people on the scene.

Tonight I listened to a half hour interview with the leader of the Texas Border Volunteers.

Texas Border Volunteers Home Page


This is a group formed by Texas ranchers along the border, for mutual protection. They observe and report illegal immigrant intrusions to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.

The gentleman who spoke on the radio tonight is a vet, who got the group started when it became obvious Washington wasn't just ignoring the problem, but was actively aiding and abetting illegal immigration. The speaker pointed out that currently, Mexican nationals are simply fined $26.00 (if they have it) when they are apprehended, and sent back across the border.  He said that the two illegal immigrants who killed the Border Patrol officer last month had been captured in the U.S. and released on six previous occasions.

Things are far worse down there than the main stream media has been telling us.  Ranchers receive telephone calls saying "we know where your kids go to school, we know where your wife shops. If you don't cooperate with us, we'll kill them."

Dr. Mike Vickers, of Brooks County, Texas said that many ranchers have abandoned their residences and moved 50 miles back from the border, to cities. They go out and check on their cattle and their windmills, etc but are afraid to stay there after dark. He said that when he travels in the area of his own ranch, he carries two pistols and an AR-15.

I like hearing from "the horses mouth" on subjects I'm interested in.  I don't want to listen to a panel of "experts" sitting around a coffee table cutting each other off in the search for face time on tv.  Tonight the broadcast was on 5850 khz, and came in loud and clear.  I started listening at midnight, but there's a program schedule on the True News web page, True News Broadcast Schedule .

As is true of almost every conservative HF radio transmission facility in the U.S. True News is based on a Christian world view.  I have no problem with this, since I share most of the conservative Christian communities views on the practical side of life.

If you are up at night and have a shortwave, it's a good station to listen to. It gives you a grasp of events you can't get from the MSM.

18 comments:

  1. I don't have a shortwave, but I checked out your link and at the bottom of the page is a link to previous broadcasts that I can listen to on my computer. Looked like some interesting programs. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, for some reason, I like listening to short wave although almost everybody, including the big guys like Deutsche Welt and Radio Canada all have web pages you can listen to. I suppose I've been listening to short wave for so many years (at least 40) that it's a habit. Then there's the fact that at night, my study has a great view of the mountains and the night sky, and I can sit up there in my big easy chair with a cup of good coffee and listen while I admire how peaceful everything looks at night. Of course, this habit doesn't help me establish regular sleeping hours, but I don't guess that matters.

      Delete
  2. Harry,

    Hubby just picked up a short wave radio, we will be installing a large antenna and were looking forward to hearing all kinds of stuff. Yes, it's very bad around the border in towns in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I think you will both enjoy the radio. There's a lot of news and information out there not filtered for political correctness. Things are worse for Americans living on the Southern border than I knew though I realized it was deteriorating down there rapidly.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a great way to spend part of the night. But then, my sleep patterns are erratic at best! I don't think I have had my TV on for close to a year now. I have found a couple of websites where I can listen to live radio programs of interest and use those that feature rebroadcast ones at other times. I wish I had your view, however. These city streets are sorely lacking in peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do watch a few television programs when they are showing, although now they have a short season then go off the air for a year. I don't listen to much audio on the computer because I have a cheap computer and my satellite radio is better. The city always seems noisy to me and at night it is too bright. But at least you can get to a store without it being a major evolution.

      Delete
  4. Hey Harry,


    (captaincrunch)

    Yeah' I know all about Dr. Mike Vickers. I know people who know people in the 'Texas Border Volunteers' (TBV for short)

    The people I know all say that the TBV really knows what they are doing and they have the respect of Brook's County Sherriff's office as well as the Border Patrol. I have met members of some of the militia's down here and some of the militia's are being (or have been led by screwballs) and the only group on the border that's effective and "Professional" is the TBV.
    (I try to stay away from the militia's, too many nutjobs and wanna be Rambo's)

    The Texas Border Volunteers are a 'discipline, well trained, organized group' The don't carry long guns, just pistols concealed and that's only if they have 'Texas CHL's (Concealed Handgun License) I would volunteer with the TBV from everything I heard about them from first hand accounts from individuals and not Youtube or anything else.

    On a side note; the ranch area that the TBV works out of is near the Sarita, Texas Border Patrol checkpoint on state highway 77. All along highway 77 is signs of illegal immigrant activity. If you drive on 77. Don't stop to pull over and take a (No.1) if the immigrants don't steal your car. The Border Patrol will stop you thinking your trying to smuggle someone. Also, you will see jackets over barbed wire fences (used to help climbing over the fences)
    The main roads the illegals take are highway's 77 and 281. 77 leads directly to Houston. 281 will take you to Interstate 37, then San Antonio, next Austin and Dallas.

    I just read an article on Western Rifle Shooters blog (wrsa.com I think) about how some want WW3 with the Russians to go down and how the Russkie's, Chinease have all been trying to destroy us via the internet and through destroying the economy, etc.
    I figure if this all goes down, all the illegal's will be going south, like birds in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC The militia people I know are all pretty down to earth people. You might be surprised, I think, at who some of them are. They get a lot of negative press from MSM and the government constantly squawks about them, as it does about anyone who doesn't kiss Obama's behind. The people out supporting Bundy weren't nut jobs.

      I thought the speaker on the radio program last night was very erudite and very passionate about his subject. I learned a lot that I would not have heard on the television news in a million years.

      Delete
    2. Hey Harry,

      (captaincrunch)

      what I was trying to say about militia's is that several of the local militia's are screwballs, not the militia's in general.

      On of the local militia's down here recently had a lot of problems with management and 'all to eager militia members' that were acting like a bunch of high school cheerleaders having a fight on Facebook.
      Maybe being a veteran and working amongst professional military personal scarred me for life. I can't see working with men who wear 'mexican wrestler face mask's and mix match camo, or what cracks me up are the ones who get all 'tactic cool' with all there high end gear and sit around talking about there cool gear like a bunch of women at a tupperwear party (I don't mean to sound sexist)

      Most of these guys would get their asses kicked by 'Hadji' in Libya who wears blue jeans, tennis shoes and a green jacket and brown t-shirt and has one of them 'Hadji' rags around their necks.

      Delete
    3. Well, I guess there are all sorts out there. The term "mall ninja" came out of that kind of thing.

      Leadership is a big problem with any kind of group. You need consistency of action, and you need someone who knows how to lead. Those kind of people are in short supply these days.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I thought it might be interesting for those folks who are up at night. There seem to be a lot of us.

      Delete
  6. Harry, how does it go up at your place for lightning strikes? I've watched the top of one of the small mountain tops here at the edge of the valley get zapped several times when a cloud moved over it. I know that fire is one of your big concerns. Having any kind of antenna would just be tempting fate would it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a big whip antenna mounted on a pole for years. Recently it quit working but I think that was due to bad coaxial cable. At the moment I'm using a field expedient on the CB. As for HF, I primarily use the whip antennas on the set, or wire antennas. We do have colossal lightning discharges here and I've had trees hit, but I've never had an antenna hit.

      Delete
    2. You hear the one about the two antennae tat met on a rooftop and got married? The wedding was okay, but the reception was awesome!

      Delete
    3. They lived happily ever after, and had a whole bunch of kids that were real live wires. ;-)

      Delete
  7. It is good to hear from the horse's mouth. Local media changes things up, and only reveals part of the picture. They have their own agenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have their own agenda, you are exactly right. The other issue is that they edit the news segments for time and content. With a radio interview, the amount of time allocated to a subject is much greater and there is little, if any, editing for content.

      Delete