Yesterday was a very pleasant day weather wise. We made a grand tour of most of the small towns across Northern Georgia. My wife found a bed spread she wanted , and some curtains . She is doing a lot of remodeling in the house and needs this and that to complete her plans for each room. All of these small towns have shops that sell unique things, you just have to be willing to look long enough to find what you want. They have some good restaurants, too. So it was a nice day, although we started early and got home just before dark. Today it's cold and windy, so we are just staying inside and resting.
|Towns County, Ga.|
I wound up ordering my wife's Mother's Day present on line. There was a set of cast iron cookware she liked. She has some French cast iron skillets and pots that we got about 30 years ago, but these are more specialized. M likes to cook, and now she has time to do it. We both like cast iron. As it is with so many things, it behooves you to spend a bit extra and get good quality, brand name cast iron.
There are all sorts of good books about cooking with cast iron, but here are two that will stand you good stead.
This next book is due out this coming August. Should be useful.
I watched Fox News Tuesday night. The little conclave of "duty experts" they assembled voiced the opinion that "due to demographic changes in America" Hillary Clinton will beat Donald Trump in November. Essentially, they believe that the millions of immigrants pouring into the country have changed the basic nature of the culture. True enough.
Hispanics vote Democrat because the Democrats have opened the floodgates and encouraged them to come here . Legal or illegal, it doesn't matter because they vote either way, and they vote for the party of entitlement and largess at the expense of the shrinking middle class. Blacks vote as a block for the Democrats, because the Democrats treat them as a treasured and protected group who can do no wrong. The rapidly burgeoning Islamic population does the same. The white vote in the USA is largely split evenly between the right and left. That gives the Democrats a seemingly insurmountable advantage
I plan to vote for Trump because:
- The establishment, both left and right, hate him and did all they could to keep him from getting the nomination.
- He is anti-immigration.
- He is against government interference in our lives.
- He believes the federal government is the cause of most problems here, not the cure.
- He is not beholding to special interests, i.e. not bought and paid for.
- He wants to protect the borders.
- He is opposed to further Islamic immigration into this country.
- He is not a vehement opponent of the 2nd Amendment.
- He won't nominate liberals for the one or possibly two Supreme Court justices the next President will nominate.
- He is not a mealy mouthed, whining wimp like Obama is and Hillary would be.
- He says he will go after Islamic terrorists hammer and tong.
- He did not throw his campaign manager to the wolves when that lefty reporter tried to frame the guy for "battery."
- He does not wet his drawers and apologize profusely every time some twit takes exception to something he said.
In short, he's everything that professional politicians are not. He is uncouth sometimes ,and needs to think before he speaks, but no one is perfect and he can learn those skills.
Some Republicans will either not vote, or will vote for Hillary because they don't like Trump. If she wins ,they deserve what they get. I am not condemning them. I wouldn't have voted for Cruz. But the consequences of voting with the heart instead of the head could be heavy.
I may have already mentioned this, but Midway is selling IMI (Israel Military Industries) 5.56X45 at a reduced price.
420 rounds in the can, $184.95 for FMJ and $194.99 for "penetrator." You have to pay shipping on it, though. Still, with the future looking pretty dim, you may not have many months left to do some serious stocking up.