Truth.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Ariel Durant

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Crushing heat in the mountains, while the propaganda drums beat.

Artist: Rachel Pohl

The last two days here have been blistering.   In Atlanta they hit 105 degrees in some parts of the city, thanks to the heat plume created by all the asphalt and metal. Up here, it was around 98 most of the afternoon, and didn't cool down below 80 at night.  The air conditioning is running overtime. We've had some brown outs. Those foolish people who let the electric membership cooperative finance new refrigerators, freezers, and other appliances are now feeling the hook.  All these new appliances come with controls the power cooperative can shut off from their main office. So when the grid gets stretched (which isn't hard with our 1930's technology) the Power Lords start turning off people's gear. Not mine. When they tried to pimp that stuff to me I told them I'd make my own decisions about what to turn off and when. I can run everything on the generator if I have to, I don't need a bunch of dishonest bureaucrats in my decision making loop.


I'm not really interested in having anything in my house that acts as a data collection device for God knows who out there in the ether.  I have satellite television,  satellite radio, and the internet. As far as I know, the internet captures everything I ever write on it. That would explain how I look at Southwestern blankets on Sportsmansguide.com and then get adds for Southwestern blankets on the news pages I go to. I don't think there's much I can do about that.




The MSM has been attacking Britain left and right since the voting results came out.  ABC, NBC and CBS all have the same clip of some "dull normal" Indian woman saying she voted for leaving the EU but "now I wish I hadn't."  I've never seen all three major networks using the same clip before, ever.

There's another one they are all sharing. It shows a bunch of people standing on the steps of some public building. They all have custom printed protest signs that look like the EU flag. Printed across the bottom is the caption "I am not British, I am European!"  Guess George Soros paid for  those.



Obama is livid. On the morning the voting results reached us, he had his "Whitehouse Spokesmen" out on every news network and every major network news show.  They all had the same canned speech. First "The people of Britain are allowed to choose their own path" or words to that effect. Nice of Obama to give the Brits that favor. But it went down hill from there. All about how this was going to hurt Britain, how they would regret this, how U.S. companies would have to reconsider doing business there.  I saw one host ask the Whitehouse goon why all these things would happen, and the mouth didn't even break stride. Just kept reading his script.


Even the news people who want to be honest have to toe the PC line. I mentioned in another post that I was watching the news and there was a segment about how the Supreme Court dead lock on Obama's attempt to change immigration law by Executive Diktat stymied the Dictator.  The newscaster said " this will impact some 5 million illegal,.. er, I mean, undocumented residents."

I am watching most of the news channels to learn what I can about current events, but I always have to remind myself, look for the little bit of  truth hidden in the waves of B.S.



The only channel that has been positive in any way, shape or form has been Fox. They are far from being the conservative stalwarts they once were, but at least there's a glimmer of truth in their segments.

If you watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN or MSNBC all you get are pure, unadulterated propaganda.  They have the old Russian TASS news beat all to pieces when it comes to distorting the truth.

I remember the Radio Moscow news story I heard once on shortwave many years ago. Talking about a European car race, they said "the Russian car came in second, and the American car came in next to last."  Turns out there were only two cars in the race, and the American won. But their statement was true. It's all in the presentation.




Thought for the Day:




20 comments:

  1. Our power company wanted to install the so called "smart meter" on our house a couple of years ago. The wife sent them packing, for now I have a choice on what they attach to my house, I don't know how long that will last.

    As to the weather here in Hampton Roads it's been down right balmy, highs in the mid 80's and lows in the upper 60's. I sure July will change that, but for now it's been nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, our EMC is renowned for criminal activity like interest free loans to board members companies. They absolutely reek. No way am I going to let any of those cretins decide when I can power what up here on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrible idea to finance appliances from your coop only to give them the power to shut those appliances off. Just another way to prove that some people are just stupid. So far, our coop does not do that, but I am sure the day will come. I quit watching the news years ago. When we moved out into the "boonies" we decided against a cable/tv connection. Of course, we do have the internet and Lord knows, there is enough propoganda on it. Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, our EMC has a finger in every pie. They do internet, satellite television, appliance financing, etc. And in every category they have an ulterior motive. They will finance your new refrigerator at a very low interest rate, but you have to buy it from specific vendors and it has to be equipped with the equipment that allows them to monitor your power use and to turn off the appliance from their massive headquarters. One reason we have such a terrible power grid is that they spend all the money on luxurious offices for themselves, massive buildings, high end furniture, "conferences" at resorts. Recently they got into trouble with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations because the members of the board were running up unpaid power bills in the hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of companies they owned. Yet, if an little old lady can't pay her $25.00 power bill on time, they come out and pull the meter. No grace period, no warning. I have been dealing with them since 1986 and I have never known such a trashy, dishonest collection of reprobates and scoundrels in my life.

      Delete
  4. Lucky for me I do not have to contend with smart meters. My utilities are somewhat controlled in that my landlord controls the heat and air via computer, but so far there have been no problems. I have a new landlord now, but he seems like a reasonable type so maybe things will continue as they have been.

    Political correctness should be tossed into the trash where it belongs. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really push those "smart appliances" here. For one thing, it gives them even more power over people than they already have, and they are sole provider of electricity in this region. For another, they can build a data base of your habits, and they like that because they think they can manipulate you better

      I think that more and more people are fed up with the PC crowd. But you can still get in a lot of trouble if you defy them, hence the reporter suddenly realizing that he needed to change what he was going to say about illegals.

      I can say what I want because there's nobody can do a thing to me anymore. I have no boss and no job.

      Delete
  5. Britons will do fine, except for what the EU does to them out of spite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur. Obama will do all he can to hurt them, as well. He's already talking about cancelling trade agreements with the U.K.

      Delete
  6. I had a reply going but once again I was side tracked by family issues. i gave up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens. It's usually my animals that interrupt my writing these days.

      Delete
  7. The weather is absolutely perfect around here lately. 80s during the day with low humidity. 50s at night. No AC needed as the house cools down nicely.

    Can't wait to see how the markets behave Monday and how big media will spin it. Better stock up on some more popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running the air full bore in all the buildings and barely keeping things cool and dry. Even if I could stand higher temperatures in the main house, my ferret can't so we have to run it at max in here. Finally rained some this afternoon though, so the fire danger is lessened.

      After the great Rip Off of 2007/2008 I got out of the stock market. My assets are tangibles now. Land they are not making any more of, and I have faith in the value of the other things I put money into. I sat back and watched the debacle last week from a fairly detached perspective.

      Delete
  8. I have not heard about brown outs before. I didn't even know that was possible. We don't have any smart devices in our house either aside from our cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you live overseas, even in some fairly developed countries, two things you get used to are brown outs and rolling blackouts.

      When too much amperage is being drawn on a power line, the line can't supply the minimal requirements of all the loads. So everything you are running, gets low amperage. The immediate way to recognize it is when your air conditioner and refrigerator compressors start kicking on and off, and the lights flicker and dim. I have battery backups on all my electronic equipment because low amps will destroy things like radios, computers , tv's, etc in a heart beat.

      Rolling blackouts are when your power only works for a certain number of hours per day, then the power company cuts it off for your entire neighborhood, and somebody else gets power at their house in their neighborhood. The process just keeps repeating itself.

      We have a very antiquated power grid here, and we get our power from TVA, all of it is hydroelectric. So when you have a drought, as we are now, and the level of power generation is lower than normal, you have potential for problems. Then along comes a heat wave and now you are in the soup. Best to have a generator for times like that. Just cut the grid power and run off the generator till evening when it cools off and businesses close, the demand falls.

      Delete
  9. The crushing heat is not just in the mountains...its over here in the Piedmont too. My poor chickens walk around with their wings partially lifted trying to get some sort of air flow. We put the hose on "mist" trying to cool them off, and the stupid beast ran back inside the coop. Then I put a little pool in side the run for them..and all they did was stand on the edge drinking the water.... Smack my head!!!!
    And don't get me started on how dry and dusty it is over here.. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens are right next in line to turkeys for doing dumb things. Mine have been staying in the shade where it's cooler. They also go down where the creek is because it's cooler down there. Dust has been bad down around the dirt roads but we had a good rain today and that settled it some.

      Delete
  10. All the "smart" tech makes us nervous....if the signal goes out it can come in too. Does the world need to know if our fridge is low on soft drinks?

    We are edgy with all the news and the Senate is passing the amended Dark act to modify food labeling. I cannot imagine how people have become such sheep. Now you will need an android phone to get food information. Those weird codes they scan. Again more ways to track your habits. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very well informed about smart phones and computers, but I feel sure it can't be wise to give something or someone control over your own equipment.I can't do a lot about the grocery capturing my purchases, but as you say, nobody needs to know how I run my house.

      Delete
  11. It will be interesting to watch what develops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alas,Kathy it seems to be developing faster than I can keep track of it. I enjoyed reading about your trip today.

    ReplyDelete