Truth.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Ariel Durant

Thursday, July 21, 2016

All you can do is shake your head in disbelief.


I was watching the Republican convention tonight, and switched from CSPAN over to MSNBC while the convention was taking a break.

MSNBC was interviewing the individual above on why Donald Trump is not qualified to be President.

If you don't recognize him, this is Al Franken, a Senator from Minnesota. What were his qualifications to be senator? He was a hack comedian.

6 comments:

  1. He and our governor are both embarrassments to most of us in my home state. And I thought Jesse Ventura was bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnesota has indeed had some strange political aberrations over the years. I remember when Franken got elected up there, and I was astounded. As for Jesse Ventura ... (shudder!)

      Delete
  2. He didn't win either. After the "election" they found that some number of ineligible felons had voted (I don't remember the number, sorry) and his margin of "victory"was smaller than the number of fraudulent votes. Since he had already been "seated" in the senate, well, there ya go. Only works for "Progressives" I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Virginia's governor has restored voting rights to thousands of felons in that state. The fact that most of them are black and will vote Democratic, and that he is a Democrat, had nothing to do with it, I'm sure.....

      Somehow Franken and Barney Frank stick in my mind as examples of democracy gone wrong.

      Delete
  3. lol - Hey, I sorta LIKED ol' Jesse! From a distance at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy has a certain "rebel" allure, but alas, his personal life is pretty "trashy." Minnesota just seems to send some unusual people to high office.

      Delete