Truth.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Ariel Durant

Saturday, February 18, 2017

A friend in need, is a friend indeed!





I got this newspaper article today in the email, from a friend who sends me a lot of good things for the blog. I could have just linked it, but I thought it was so bodacious it deserved a full post. Things like this lift me up when I get a bit depressed seeing all the low lifes prancing around on the news.

The Tribune
Ex-Army Sniper Takes Out Neighbor’s Home Intruder From Bedroom Window
By Travis Henderson -  January 9, 2017


EL Paso, Texas:  Jeremy Elmore, a 42-year-old retired Army Sniper currently residing in El Paso, Texas, is being hailed a hero after he saved a neighborhood family from 3 violent home intruders late Tuesday evening.

Elmore, who retired from the Army at 41 after giving 21-years of service was spending the night home alone as his wife and 3 young children were visiting family members in Indiana.

According to Elmore, he wasn’t quite ready to go to sleep when he retired to his bedroom around 1:15 AM- so he decided to engage in one of his favorite activities – breaking down and cleaning one of his firearms. The firearm that Elmore decided to break down and clean was his M24 Sniper Riffle (officially referred to as the M24 Sniper Weapon System).

At approximately 1:50 AM – after cleaning and reassembling the rifle, Elmore rested it on the sill of his bedroom window to adjust its scope. While adjusting the scope it unintentionally landed on one of his neighbor across the street’s open windows; Elmore told police and reporters that he was amazed at what he saw happening inside. Elmore told local ABC affiliate reporter Karen Lodestone, “I honestly thought I was dreaming hallucinating at first – it took over a minute for the situation to fully register in my brain”.

 What Elmore saw through the high-powered scope on his riffle was – his neighbors, Fredrick and Lydia Cole tied to chairs in their upstairs family-room. The couple’s 2-children Douglas (11-years-old) and Daniel (6-years-old) were sitting near their mother – also tied to kitchen-style chairs.

According to Elmore, the mother and children had what looked to be duct-tape around their mouths and 3 masked-intruders appeared to be focusing primarily on Fredrick Cole. The 3 masked-intruders were holding handguns and were acting in a very violent manner – often destroying the Cole’s property or striking Fredrick Cole in the face with their pistols.


Things seemed to be escalating quickly at the Cole residence and Elmore used his bedroom telephone to call 911. After notifying authorities, Elmore continued to monitor the situation across the street. According to Elmore, while waiting for the police to arrive things continue to escalate rapidly at the Cole residence and he was greatly concerned for the family’s safety. Elmore told reporters that his military training and instinct kicked in and he knew that he had to do something to intervene.

Elmore proceeded to load his rifle with custom 7.62 x 51mm ammunition and stationed himself at his bedroom window. As Elmore continued to watch the situation unfold across the street, the home intruders became increasingly more violent. As one of the intruders held his handgun (later identified as a .45 caliber Taurus 1911) to Mrs. Cole’s head – Elmore took the first shot from his rifle immediately striking his intended target.

According to Elmore and members of the Cole family – the home intruder instantly fell to the floor dropping his weapon in the process. The remaining 2-home intruders were visibly stunned and confused by the incident and gave Elmore enough time to fire 2 additional rounds striking both remaining intruders before they had an opportunity to retaliate.

Police arrived shortly after Elmore’s intervention and discovered 2 of the 3 home-intruders dead upon their arrival. The surviving intruder – since identified as Charles L. Brooke, was treated for his injuries at a nearby hospital and has since been arrested and booked into a county jail.

Among those singing praise for Elmore’s heroic actions are the members of the Cole family who have told reporters they owe their lives to Elmore and will never be able to thank him enough or fully express their gratitude for the retired Army Sniper.




20 comments:

  1. That is just awesome. Bravo Zulu!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J, I got hornswoggled. This turned out to be a fake story. Didn't catch it until this evening. Like I told somebody else, a story this great deserves to be true, even if it isn't.

      Delete
  2. That vet deserves a medal. Too bad the third guy survived. Hope Elmore doesn't get sued by the survivor.

    The M24 is the military version of the Remington 700, right? I have one in .280, and have used it to down a few big game animals. I love this round, flat shooting and accurate, and I don't recall having to "follow up" with a shot. The same has been said for it's little sister, the .270 (Jack O' Connor's favorite rifle). I would love to have one of these in 30 cal too. --Troy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troy, turns out I got played on this one. When I tried to cross check some of the names this evening, I got a bunch of web sites saying the story was fake and started on a "fake news" site. Sorry about that. It was a damned good story, though. That's why I left it up instead of deleting it and just posting a "retraction" notice. It makes good reading even knowing it was fake.

      You're right about the Remington 700. "The M24 Sniper Weapon System (SWS) is the military and police version of the Remington Model 700 rifle, M24 being the model name assigned by the United States Army after adoption as their standard sniper rifle in 1988. The M24 is referred to as a "weapon system" because it consists of not only a rifle, but also a detachable telescopic sight and other accessories."

      Delete
  3. This story is a hoax. The name in the original fake article is Jeremy Elmore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found that out this evening when I ran some of the names , trying to come up with different reputable web sites that carried the story. Seemed odd to me, on reflection, that something so righteous hadn't made all the news shows, even if it was just so MSNBC and CNN could weep over the dead perps and talk about how wrong it was that this dreadful vigilante would do such a thing. But as it turned out, I still got a charge out of it because I got a sh*t load of comments from outraged leftards. People so goddamned stupid they didn't care a tinkers toot about the family getting treated like that, all they cared about was that the home invaders were summarily killed instead of being arrested and sent to trial. I swear to God, if I cared about the number of hits on my blog, I could triple the daily number by just posting inane comments from retarded lefties.

      Delete
    2. Great blog and great content either way. You don't come across as the sort who would deliberately post fake news.

      Delete
    3. No need to. There's so much good stuff out there that's real, I have to just leave a lot of it out every day.

      If I had known this was fake, I'd still have posted it , with the caveat that it was fake, just because it's such a great story. Down here we have a saying "if it ain't true, it ought to be." This isn't about a fish somebody caught, or anything like that, but it sure was a good , heartening story. Too bad it wasn't true, but it made a lot of people I don't like really mad, and that's a good thing.

      Delete
  4. I love it.

    Know of a case in Raeford, NC (just south of Fort Bragg) where ex-special forces neighbor saw home invaiders stalking around in backyard of neighbor. In this case he challenged them, and chased them off (there was 2 or 3 of them) in ensuing gun battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think a military base area would not be a good place to try to rip off or harm civilians. You might just pick on the wrong house. Sadly, this story turned out to be B.S., but I didn't check it before I published it. Hell, it's such a good story, I might have published it anyway with a caveat.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Thank you for posting this! As soon as I read it I took laptop into husband and said you have to read this as I can't do the retelling justice. He looked at the headline and said you have to be kidding! He too was suitably impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, westside mom, this turned out to be a hoax story from a fake news webpage. But at least I didn't publish it trying to bring down the President and knowing full well it was made up!

      It was such a good story, so motivating and uplifting, I was half tempted not to acknowledge it was bogus. In fact, it was so good I still feel happier after reading it, even knowing it 's fake! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah. Too bad it turned out to be a hoax when I checked it. This is the second time I've been caught this way. Can't remember what the other one was, but it was the same gig.

      But as we say down here when someone asks if a story is true:

      "If it ain't, it ought to be."

      Delete
  7. Hey Harry,

    (captaincrunch)

    I was amazed where that happened. In El Paso of all places! I hope the EPPD hires that guy.
    Just friggin brilliant. That's how we do things in Texas!

    I bet that home invasion could have been some kind of cartel garbage from across the river in Jaurez. Them Mexicans are not used to real warfare. Just ask Pancho Villa, Santa Anna an a few other knucklehead bandito's that doing stuff on this side of border will be met by real shooters and not helpless, complient peasants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC, I got diddled on this one, through no fault of the fellow who sent me the story. I should have checked it before publishing it. But I look at it this way. If Einstein is right, and there are an infinite number of parallel universes, then somewhere this most excellent story happened just this way!

      Delete
  8. God bless that man, and his kith and kin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it turned out the story was false news and I got snared. But it was a great story, all the same!

      Delete
  9. OK my fault, I had it sent to me and passed it on to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it wasn't. It's my blog, and I should have checked it instead of just publishing it. Nobody is responsible for what I post but me.

      BUT, let me say two things. One, I liked the story so much I don't really care it turned out to be fake. It's like an adult version of Jack and the Bean Stalk, and just as fun.

      Second, it was worth it's weight in gold for all the really pissed off Moon Bats that wanted to comment. I'm not making this up... The gest of it was that the sniper was wrong for shooting the perps. That he should just have called the cops and then sat back and hoped that they got there before the family was killed. One snow flake said "I thought that was what we had courts and trials for." I kid you not. I knew there were some sick , sick Sheeple out there but this little episode really reinforced my contempt and disdain for amoebas like that.

      I'll tell you something else, you remember a few years back, when I was going to talk to the lefties and let them publish their comments on my blog. And you and some other people told me that was a really, really bad idea, but I did it anyhow. Then it turned out to be a really, really, really bad idea and I stopped doing it. Tonight I was seriously tempted to publish some of these inane pathetic little people's comments, just for the shock value it would have on decent people. Just to reinforce the idea that there are so many of these insects out there who really think in such a degenerate, drone of the hive fashion.

      It was only remembering how screwed up things got with the guy who would write pretending to be woman, etc that kept me from breaking down and doing it!

      Don't worry about it. I got a kick out of the whole thing, myself.

      Delete