“Wyrd biõ ful ãræd.”

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today, continued.......

My last post sure rattled some heads with nothing but marbles in them.  If I could count comments I didn't post, I'd sure be spinning the count meter. To those people, I say two things. One, for God's sake, at least learn to speak basic English. I don't do well with Ebonics.

And then, as far as their comments go,  here's my feelings on that.




I appreciate the comments from my friends.  One of those is infinitely more intelligent and more valuable than all the spum on the waves from BLM and Snow Flakes.

The post below this one has both parts of the OAN broadcast of a video on CNN.  It's one of those "secret camera" things like Planned Parenthood got hoist on.  Some of CNN's producers and news anchors saying that the "Russia Story" is B.S. and just being played for ratings and to please their ultra liberal base. It's about eight minutes long, and I enjoyed every minute of it. This is the video the White House spokesman suggested everybody in the country watch.  It's not getting much play time from MSM, of course, but it's posted in full down below.



The weather here has been spectacular for the last few days.  No humidity to speak of, and temperatures in the 70's.  A nice breeze blowing. We've had enough rain that everything is green and lush.




The creeks and lakes are all up to where they should be. The lake near the house is clean and the water is warm enough to go over there for an evening swim. Just about perfect. I have the whole beach to myself after six, as the tourists are largely gone by then.


I am putting in a couple of hours a day on the place, keeping everything cut back and squared away. But that leaves me plenty of time to do whatever I want to. There's no lack of things to do up in these mountains, or of places to go .









Things are going along pretty well. It's been five years now since I retired, and I still have to pinch myself to believe it's true.  Too bad you have to work for 2/3 of your adult life to get here. But it's worth it.

Did you hear about this Canadian sniper?   That's what I call a shooter.


Thought for Today:






A Blog you might like:


Senior Chief and Glock Mom


Senior Chief and Glock Mom moved their family from Florida to South Carolina, where they have a beautiful homestead. They have a great home and rural retreat all rolled into one.  Senior Chief is retired from the Navy, and Glock Mom was a Navy wife, keeping the home fires burning. I've been reading their blogs for a long time.  Recently, they combined blogs and now they both post on this one. They're good people.






18 comments:

  1. crowofthedead says:
    Hey Harry! Did you see the CNN Elmo video? They are using Elmo (from Sesame Street) to talk about how Syrian refugees are just like us...basically selling that story to kids...and attacking the President in the next breath...keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but it doesn't surprise me. I like the Elmo in "Elmo's got a gun" a lot better!

      CNN had to fire four of their reporters when they got caught in a complete fabrication. That bunch of worms isn't doing too well. I long for the day when Anderson Cooper is panhandling in the streets, and Wolfe Blitzer is collecting aluminum cans by the side of the road.

      Delete
  2. It's good you spend a few hours working away, and the rest on whatever. You have to enjoy life.

    I spent a few hours actually doing things today: Shower, prepped a meal, made Isaak's bed, and played Scrabble with Mica. After that I was out like a light. At least Mica's old enough where he can be trusted, while I nap. I slept most the afternoon away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't over do. You'll need some time to recover from the surgery. I'm sure the boys and your husband can keep the boat afloat until you are healed up. At least the ordeal is behind you now.

      Delete
  3. Hey Harry,

    (captaincrunch)


    Yeah' the internet was lit up today with all the stuff going on with CNN and their getting exposed. I'm laughing with glee at all the 'talking heads having a meltdown'

    I certainly do hope that I am 'annoying' the (social justice warriors) and other turkeys that come to this channel to complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a new story on OAN today. Turns out a lot of the "twitter feeds" CNN has been using in their stories are fake. They made them up themselves to fit their story line. As soon as the OAN report shows up on YouTube I'll post it.

      Delete
  4. Harry,

    Love the pictures of your place, it's so gorgeous!!! I would be wading in the water as well. It just looks so relaxing there.

    We did hear about the Canadian Sniper, impressive. It's a shame Chris Kyle isn't still alive.

    I have to agree, great blog.....everyone should go check out Haze Gray and Red Clay blog by Senior and Glock Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice up here. I miss the beach though. We do have two lakes I can go hang out at when I want to be on the water, so I guess it all works out.

      I always think of Carlos Hathcock when I think sniper, But Chris Kyle is more in people's minds today.

      I have been enjoying their blogs for years, they're pretty impressive people.

      Delete
  5. go to
    filthiestbox.blogspot.com

    scroll down to filthicus
    lots of ferret videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a very strange blog, but I'll go look for the ferret videos. Always enjoy those.

      Delete
  6. It's not like you to challenge peoples opinions Harry! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricky, I don't suffer fools gladly, that's a personality flaw of mine. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I consider it the opposite. All this suffering of fools, dumbasses, & parasites the last 50 years is why we are in the shape we are in: broke as a country, divided into 2 camps with the possibilities of major hostilities breaking out.

      Matt

      Delete
    3. Well, it does feel like the time is coming when it will be appropriate to kick ass and take names. It'll have to be settled, one way or the other. This business of The Deep State and the Dems running everything from the shadows isn't going to cut the mustard.

      Delete
  7. I come to this site because it makes a point without a lot of hype. I also wish I lived as far from my neighbor as you do.

    People of the left seem to have nothing except hate and contempt. I worry about this country when they loose more positions/votes because the are not FOR anything, just against stuff/people. And if 2020 goes south for them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JP, living way off from town is the only way I can survive. If I had to listen to hassles about my dogs, or my chickens, or my shooting, or if I had to listen to other people's music, lawn mowers, car engines, etc. I'd be very unhappy.

      What you say about the left is true. I have never understood their absolute mania with forcing everyone to live according to the precepts of the left. I never tried to force anyone to buy a gun. I never harassed anyone about a bumper sticker, or a flag. I never pulled down a Martin Luther King statue. But the leftards want to actively rub out the people who won't fall down and worship at their altar. There's no room in their world for those who won't comply.

      Delete
  8. Harry, that is not a flaw.... Making leftard heads explode is like a sport. It is sooo easy though.
    I have about had my fill of them Living in DC, I am surrounded, but I prefer to think of it as a target rich environment.Most people around here lean so far left they walk in circles, and I love poking them. What? Of course I own guns!! NRA life member... Why that look on your face? Heh. I *had* a husband and wife pair of customers who just would not believe that the Federal Reserve was as federal as Fed Ex. Sent them some accurate info, never saw them again. They were both fairly senior Govt employees to boot.
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in Washington would be hellish . I don't see how you do it.

      Since I don't see many liberals in the flesh, I don't often get to (have to) interact with them. I consider that a blessing.

      Most people here are rural Americans, which means conservative and religious. I am most comfortable among those kinds of people. Which may sound strange, as I'm not religious. But even if I don't accept the religious beliefs associated with a deity, I do accept and admire their moral values.

      Delete